• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I built an AR for my for son for Christmas, now i would like to get him a scope and mount for it. I'm thinking up to 9 power, will probably shoot out to 100 yds but would like the ability to reach a little farther. He will be 15 in June and I would like to keep it under $200 with a mount. I currently have a 30mm mount that would work but don't want to limit it to only something in 30mm. So tell me what has worked for you and offer up any suggestions you have looked at. Thanks !

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I built an AR for my for son for Christmas, now i would like to get him a scope and mount for it. I'm thinking up to 9 power, will probably shoot out to 100 yds but would like the ability to reach a little farther. He will be 15 in June and I would like to keep it under $200 with a mount. I currently have a 30mm mount that would work but don't want to limit it to only something in 30mm. So tell me what has worked for you and offer up any suggestions you have looked at. Thanks !

A&A Optics is a sponsor here and is your best bet. I've gotten more then a few optics from him with no surprises.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Does it have to be a scope? A red dot like a SPARC will come with a mounting base. With a little training, hitting 4 MOA sized targets with no magnification is pretty easy @ 100-400 yards.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I'll second the A&A Optics. Alan is an absolute pleasure to work with. Give him a call, tell him what you want to do and your budget and he will give you the no BS, great options he offers and you will be 100% satisfied. I picked up a crossfire II from him and with the mount and rings for my 10/22 I believe it was right around the $200 mark.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've had a decent Scope with a nice Burris AR P.E.P.R. mount (both scope and mount are 1' dia.) listed in the classifieds for awhile and I would like to pay it forward and offer it to you for your son absolutely free of charge if you're interested. It's a decent little 2-7x32mm Scope and a really nice mount. It was purchased at Bass Pro and I never really did anything with it so it's all pretty much like new condition. It could be a good starter scope to play around with and if you wanted to upgrade then you could always use the mount with a better scope. Just lemme know. If not, that's cool too.

I https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t-x1-scope-w-burris-ar-p-e-p-r-mount-nwi.html

James45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Connersville
    I've had a decent Scope with a nice Burris AR P.E.P.R. mount (both scope and mount are 1' dia.) listed in the classifieds for awhile and I would like to pay it forward and offer it to you for your son absolutely free of charge if you're interested. It's a decent little 2-7x32mm Scope and a really nice mount. It was purchased at Bass Pro and I never really did anything with it so it's all pretty much like new condition. It could be a good starter scope to play around with and if you wanted to upgrade then you could always use the mount with a better scope. Just lemme know. If not, that's cool too.

I https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t-x1-scope-w-burris-ar-p-e-p-r-mount-nwi.html
    Wow, that is awesome of you.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have purchased from Alan in the past, yes he is a great guy to deal with !

Here I am:):.

Normally I would say if you have a 30mm mount mise well buy a 30mm scopes since they are better in every way than a 1 inch, but your going to have to bump the budget a little to get into a good 30mm scope, so Im not sure what route I would take.

The cheapest mount for an AR Im willing to carry is 89 bucks, so that limits the budget if you go with a 1 inch.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF

This is why I love INGO, kudos.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Wow, that is awesome of you.

My :twocents: --

Be the fortunate recipient of KG1's pay it forward so your son gets his feet wet.

Then.... when your son is a little older and your budget can afford it, go to Alan for a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 AR-BDC.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I was going to suggest going with a strike eagle even if you have to save a bit for it. I have a vortex 1x4 and I shoot steel torsos at 500 yards with it consistently.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Be the fortunate recipient of KG1's pay it forward so your son gets his feet wet.

Then.... when your son is a little older and your budget can afford it, go to Alan for a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 AR-BDC.
    Just wanted to give an update. The offer was graciously accepted and the two items will be on their way within the next couple of days. Just happy to help a father and his son enjoy some quality firearm related time together.

This is Ingo. This is who we are.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just wanted to give an update. The offer was graciously accepted and the two items will be on their way within the next couple of days. Just happy to help a father and his son enjoy some quality firearm related time together.

I don't know what I hit you with a rep for last time but INGO is telling me I have to "spread it around"

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner

This is what i am doing, as he out grows the gifted one i will talk to Alan.

I am forever grateful for the offer. Thanks again !

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner

I received the scope and mount today for my son ! Acts like this restore my faith in humanity, KG1 is a great and generous member of this forum. I am very grateful for the gift and I hope to pay it forward in the future, throw him some rep if you feel so inclined !

Top Bottom