• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Several places offer slide milling for P226 models. Alternatively you could sell it, or buy an aftermarket slide already cut for an optic.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    is there anyway to mount a red dot on an older sig 226, its a police trade it, my old eyes need a little help.
    If you do not want to mill the slide or get an optics slide there are rear sight dovetail mounts by EGW for various red dots. The sight will obviously sit higher than a milled or optic ready slide. Last weekend fired my best target with a P220 Carry with an EGW mount with Burris Fastfire III.
    11 226 EGW.jpg

Also have a P226 Elite and bought an optics slide with Romeo 1 Pro already installed. This also allows a quick swap to open sights to red dot although with my eyesight I have not fired the P226 with the open sight slide.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A year or so back, I put a red dot on one of my P229s by just buying the complete slide setup (minus barrel) from Sig. If I recall, the slide and optic package was about what I'd spend on buying an optic and getting the slide cut. Plus, it gives me the option of running with irons if I want to. This was done on a .40 P229, so I did have to buy the 9mm barrel but if you were doing this to a 9mm P226, you would not need to invest in another barrel.

This is a bit more than I paid, but would get you were you want to be:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/8900312

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Here is another option for you. I have one sitting on my desk waiting for them to make an LPA adapter....which they is coming soon.

Top Bottom