• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I am currently looking for a new scope for my Savage 110BA (300 WM). I am looking at several scopes right now and I am looking for any feedback as to what to look out for or be aware of with the scopes I have picked out as possible front runners. Here is my short list.
    ---Zeiss 4.5-14X50 conquest with rapid z 1000 reticle (1" tube)
    ---Trijicon 5-20X50 green mil-dot (30mm tube)
    ---Leupold MK4 4.5-14X40 precision rifle long range mil-dot (30mm tube)
    ---Leupold MK4 4.5-14X50 LR/T M1 mil-dot OR TMR (30mm tube)
    any information or experience you all may have on these scopes would probably make my decision MUCH easier

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I am currently looking for a new scope for my Savage 110BA (300 WM). I am looking at several scopes right now and I am looking for any feedback as to what to look out for or be aware of with the scopes I have picked out as possible front runners. Here is my short list.
    ---Zeiss 4.5-14X50 conquest with rapid z 1000 reticle (1" tube)
    ---Trijicon 5-20X50 green mil-dot (30mm tube)
    ---Leupold MK4 4.5-14X40 precision rifle long range mil-dot (30mm tube)
    ---Leupold MK4 4.5-14X50 LR/T M1 mil-dot OR TMR (30mm tube)
    any information or experience you all may have on these scopes would probably make my decision MUCH easier

of your options the zeiss would be my top pic, the trijicon would be #2 and the leupolds are so far down my list they dont even make the list.

how do you plan to shoot? do you plan on dialing range or holding over for range

beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I planned on a set of ARMS quick detach rings if I go with the 30mm tubes but I am not sure if I go with the Zeiss and 1" tube.

Has anyone tried the badger 30mm to 1" adapter spacers?

Last edited:

beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Why are the Leupold scopes so far down on the list?
    I do mostly target shooting but some coyote hunting (not usually with the 300 WM though) I would like to be able to swap between my Savage and my Ruger M77 target (yes I know I will not have the same zero on both...)
    I plan to dial for my range most of the time, but would like to be able to hold over if need be.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I do mostly target shooting but some coyote hunting (not usually with the 300 WM though) I would like to be able to swap between my Savage and my Ruger M77 target (yes I know I will not have the same zero on both...)
    I plan to dial for my range most of the time, but would like to be able to hold over if need be.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/182649-why_i_hate_leupold.html

becuase leupold loves to charge the prices of the top tier companys but when it comes to treating their customers like the top tier companies do they want no part of it.

plus leupold has rested on their name for years. why other companies strive to make a name for themselves leupold just raises their prices and says "we are leupold everyone will buy from us". i dont even take leupolds in on trade for any price because if someone is looking at a used leupold for 750 and a brand new sfp vortex pst for 700 and the vortex is obviously a better scope with a better warrenty the leupold will sit on the shelves forever

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

There was a time when Leupolds were good kit for the money. That time is long gone. There are better options cheaper now that have clearer glass, better construction, and better customer support.

I have a couple of Mark IIIs that I got a long time ago and they are long in the tooth compared to some of the newer quality glass out there.

I would also stay away from the ARMS mounts. There are better QD mounts, again from companies that have better customer support. The Larue QD systems are top notch.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    There was a time when Leupolds were good kit for the money. That time is long gone. There are better options cheaper now that have clearer glass, better construction, and better customer support.

I have a couple of Mark IIIs that I got a long time ago and they are long in the tooth compared to some of the newer quality glass out there.

I would also stay away from the ARMS mounts. There are better QD mounts, again from companies that have better customer support. The Larue QD systems are top notch.

i cant agree more with any of this. if the larue will take what i did to them here they will take anything that might accedentally occur

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMgycEdAfYE&feature=g-upl&context=G2c90076AUAAAAAAABAA[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCIyqJmnYaE&feature=g-upl&context=G2be3b9bAUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Thanks for all the info, it is helping with my decision. If anyone else has more I would love to hear it too.

beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    esrice, that is a great thread. And I can attest to the tame recoil, i was floored when it was less than my M1A. Thanks to all.

soupy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Elkhart Co.
    I'll defend Leupold a little bit. I'v bought a new Vari-III w/target knobs, new MK AR and a used MK 4 within the last 3 years. The glass is fine and more important to me, they track next to perfect. My coon hunting rifle wears a M8 4x rimfire. It's had the tar abused out of it the last 10 falls, hasn't let me down once. That being said, the big boys I see at Youngs Longshot use mostly Nightforce and a few Sightrons.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom