Options for on body carry wearing a dress?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With summer coming up, my wife will be wearing dresses more often and we've been discussing how she will carry. I offered to buy her a smaller gun, but she really likes the Glock 22, but without resorting to purse carry I just don't see how she's going to manage.

That said, my experience with carrying while in a dress is zero (at least that I'll admit to :D) and as such I realize I'm no expert. Is there an option out there?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    There is a gal on the YouTubes that does a bunch of vidoes about carry methods for women and goes through quite extensively diffierent styles of clothing and different holster rigs. I don't have the link handy but if I stumble accross it I will post it up.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Found them
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izM0fiz6kk[/ame]

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    search for my post on thigh holsters. Just got one for my sister to carry her Ruger LCP and she's thrilled with it!

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    SideArmed got the videos I was going to post. From everything I've seen she (in the videos) has some of the best vids for carry methods for women.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    search for my post on thigh holsters. Just got one for my sister to carry her Ruger LCP and she's thrilled with it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL5pqn3Eng[/ame]

I am subscribed to her channel. She is genius.

Plus easy on the eyes :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for the help, guys. None of them seemed like viable options for the Glock 22, though. It was just too big for her to comfortably carry. Fortunately, I had her try some smaller guns at various LGSs. She liked the feel of the Shield and I bought it for her. She shot it very well, and I'm going to order a Remora for her, and possibly a thigh holster as well.

Chelise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Depends on how clingy the material is, but I've carried a Glock 19 in a dress using a belly band. It's AWESOME. :)

storm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    The videos posted are what I've used in deciding if I could even have the option of carrying. It's a lot harder for girls. Thigh holsters seem the way to go unless she has a large chest and a loose dress. Unfortunately with a flashbang or thigh holster, if she needs to use her weapon, it would probably be awkward but the assailant will be pretty confused at first.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    The videos posted are what I've used in deciding if I could even have the option of carrying. It's a lot harder for girls. Thigh holsters seem the way to go unless she has a large chest and a loose dress. Unfortunately with a flashbang or thigh holster, if she needs to use her weapon, it would probably be awkward but the assailant will be pretty confused at first.

At least he would die happy...

FiReBReTHa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Top Bottom