• Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    From one guy who works in the road to another
    People are dumb, and they suck
    I’m done with that, 17 years of highway and street paving work was enough.

Summer night-shift highway work was the most “fun”, all the freaks, drunks, and idiots come out of the woodwork, it’s hot, people are irritable; blowing through single lane construction zones at 100+ mph with their lights off, passing on the berm, it was nuts. We had woman fall in line with the asphalt trucks one night and even didn’t know it.

And only a line of orange delineators between them and us.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Ok how can people not follow simple lanes set up with barrels? Big orange barrels. I work road construction and in the last 2 days I’ve almost been hit 10 times in my work truck because people are in such a hurry and don’t care that they drive right through the tack I just sprayed. I don’t get it.
    Idk about where your at, but here in the fort, I believe in a couple theories.....1st, my car is nicer then your car/orange barrel/bicycle/ pedestrian there for I have the right of way under all circumstances B) I haven't been able to drive like an a$$ for a few days, I must make up for that as fast as I can.

Aaron
    PS.....one more think, how many of these cars have WBLC or other Christian radio station bumper stickers? I have noticed people who display (mainly) WBLC , but other Christian radio station bumper stickers, can't drive .

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I worked for INDOT for almost 5 years back in the early Oughts. Actually ON the highways and Interstates.

We only had ONE close call with a vehicle that I can remember being told about - and that wasn't even "us" specifically, though it was with the dude holding the stop/slow paddle at one end of our work zone.

Know what'll really wake you up? an unloaded trailer of some kind (any kind) hitting a bridge expansion joint. Startling sound to hear when your back is to traffic and you can't see what caused the sound. Sounds eerily similar to a crash!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just curious...is there any NON hood part of 38th st.? West side is hood as far as the eye can see, except Crown Hill; there all the hoods are underground.
    West 38th St. used to be nice from Lafayette Square outward… a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

And to every one of you out there who helped hasten the demise of my once-beloved Eagle Creek area, **** every last one of you. Long, hard and deep.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    West 38th St. used to be nice from Lafayette Square outward… a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

And to every one of you out there who helped hasten the demise of my once-beloved Eagle Creek area, **** every last one of you. Long, hard and deep.
    It was a very nice area to grow up in back in the 80's.

Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Don't get me wrong, I remember those days well. Used to spend a lot of time at Lafayette square and at the Putt Putt at 34th and High School. And to tell how old I am, used to do Christmas shopping at the Service Merchandise and go with mom to the Big E grocery store.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don't get me wrong, I remember those days well. Used to spend a lot of time at Lafayette square and at the Putt Putt at 34th and High School. And to tell how old I am, used to do Christmas shopping at the Service Merchandise and go with mom to the Big E grocery store.
    “The good old days…” I remember Sears (with a GREAT tool section back when the Craftsman brand meant something) and Spencer Gifts in the mall and buying a stainless Ruger 10/22 at Service Merchandise. That rifle came down the conveyor belt like the toasters, electric razors, etc. used to.

And I used to do the Saturday morning chalk tournament at Putt-Putt every week with @tbhausen and our pal Billy Vukovich III.

Like I said, the good old days. Now I feel REALLY old!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I grew up about an hour west of Indy. When I was a kid - I remember semi-frequent trips to Lafayette Square Mall and the area car-dealers if my mom and step dad may have been vehicle shopping. It was probably late 90s when that stopped and Castleton became The Place. And the mall in Lafayette.

Top Bottom