Ordered 4,000 Extreme bullets, received 753. Thanks UPS.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Last time I ordered a bucket it arrived all busted up but I still got all of my bullets. IMHO Extreme shipping that much weight in those plastic buckets is a very bad idea.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Best thing they could do is ship the bucket without the box around it. Then it would be treated as an irregular package and set off of the belt. That heavy of a bucket inside that single walled cardboard box isn't going to make it.

I've worked at UPS for 10 years and it amazes me how some people fail to pack their packages properly. When cardboard gets wet, whatever is in it is going to come through it if there is any weight to it. While we don't necessarily handle everything as fragile, we can't help that people put 70 pounds of lead into a box with a few strips of tape and expect it not to fall apart.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    It takes a lot to really erk me. I ordered 4K X-Treme bullets. The package was shipped UPS at 68lb. It kept getting delayed, then showed up on my door at 13lbs. Inside were 753 projectiles.

its obvious that UPS dropped it, spilled them everywhere, resealed the box that had lost 55lbs, then delivered it like that without a note. What the crap UPS?

Several years ago, I made a large ammo purchase that shipped via UPS. They dropped off a damaged box with a bunch of loose rounds and hole in the box. Just dropped it even though a signature was required. There was a large sticker on the bax that read, "Return to Sender. Invalid Address"....yet, I received it.

As it turned out, I only lost about 20 rounds so didn't make an issue of it but it was a mess.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    man that really sucks. I ordered 1000 bullets from rmr. another member here did too. came in a thin cardboard box and about 4 rolls of wrapping tape on them. opened the box and the plastic bag that they had 500 of them in was cut open. but at least they got here. put them all in a different container.

I've since moved to rmr from xtreme and never had any issues. Then again I only order at most 2k at a time.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    My last order was from RMR. I ordered 1,000 and while it arrived with all of them in the box, the box was damaged. Looked like it has been rolled down an alley. Luckily they used a ton of clear tape around the box which saved it. The bags containing the bullets inside were stress ripped open from the weight of the bullets. I believe they could have done better with a heavier gauge box.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My last order was from RMR. I ordered 1,000 and while it arrived with all of them in the box, the box was damaged. Looked like it has been rolled down an alley. Luckily they used a ton of clear tape around the box which saved it. The bags containing the bullets inside were stress ripped open from the weight of the bullets. I believe they could have done better with a heavier gauge box.
    My last order of 1k ss109 pulls for $85.50 came double bagged and small flat rate box inside with tons of tape.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Best thing they could do is ship the bucket without the box around it. Then it would be treated as an irregular package and set off of the belt. That heavy of a bucket inside that single walled cardboard box isn't going to make it.

I've worked at UPS for 10 years and it amazes me how some people fail to pack their packages properly. When cardboard gets wet, whatever is in it is going to come through it if there is any weight to it. While we don't necessarily handle everything as fragile, we can't help that people put 70 pounds of lead into a box with a few strips of tape and expect it not to fall apart.

Looking at how the box was ruptured and the bucket appeared as fresh and new; I'm inclined to think luxury of the bucket came about after the fact as a center/hub overgoods repack. You know they should have shut down all the belts where ever this occurred for 20 minutes and redirected all the manpower to pick up every last bullet to make the parcel whole again. Afterwards assigning manpower to pallet jack (Not sure I ever saw one of those in our building) it over to the delivery truck for loading onto the smoothest riding section of the cargo area. Then instead we could be discussing how UPS ruined all the bullets with floor contamination. Retired from that madness 26 months ago and not missing a minute of it.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Looking at how the box was ruptured and the bucket appeared as fresh and new; I'm inclined to think luxury of the bucket came about after the fact as a center/hub overgoods repack. You know they should have shut down all the belts where ever this occurred for 20 minutes and redirected all the manpower to pick up every last bullet to make the parcel whole again. Afterwards assigning manpower to pallet jack (Not sure I ever saw one of those in our building) it over to the delivery truck for loading onto the smoothest riding section of the cargo area. Then instead we could be discussing how UPS ruined all the bullets with floor contamination. Retired from that madness 26 months ago and not missing a minute of it.

That's what it looked like to me too. It looked to me like the bucket came from UPS, Extreme probably shipped all of those bullets in a box of tape :):

Glad to hear you're out man! Congrats!

Top Bottom