• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I ordered a .450 upper with a 16in. barrel a few days ago. I also ordered 2 boxes of 250 grain sst's, recoil pad and a heavy duty buffer spring. Can't wait to get it. I should get to use it in the anterless only season.
    Anyone else have one and give me a review on them?
    thanks

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Had one for two years..Killed buck in Kentucky last year and one in Indiana this year with it. . They are exceptionally accurate and 'easy' to shoot good groups with.. You don't really need a heavy duty spring...I have mine on a standard Ar lower, works fine, recoil very manageable.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    The only thing I've killed with mine is a coyote. Not having the best deer season here just as some others have mentioned in other threads. Here's my 450. Bought the upper at the Oct. 1500. It still needs fine tuned but it's good enough for close range deer hunting. I'm happy with it.

Sighting in the 450 Bushmaster AR - YouTube

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Where did you order one from? I have been looking and looking and can't find one. Everywhere I have checked said they couldn't get one,...in-definate back-order. I would like to track down a 20" upper.

Dirty Steve

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I know it is very hard to find a .450 now..It was hard two years ago before the law took effect that they were legal.. I had one on order from some outfit..always got the lady saying they should be in anytime..went on for months..I went on the Buds Guns site in Lexington and put the .450 on "MY Wish List" as they call it.. as it was on backorder with them also.. One day I got an email they had one and said my wish list was in...totally unexpected...cancelled the earlier order..probably be still waiting for it thru them. Being just the upper they mailed it to me.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    I ordered a .450 upper with a 16in. barrel a few days ago. I also ordered 2 boxes of 250 grain sst's, recoil pad and a heavy duty buffer spring. Can't wait to get it. I should get to use it in the anterless only season.
    Anyone else have one and give me a review on them?
    thanks

I have hunted with one the last two years, and killed 3 with it. Last year I had a 140 shot on one and this year I stretched it out to 160 on one. It is a lot of gun for deer. If you hit any bone be prepared to lose some meat, as it will absolutely blow a shoulder apart. The last deer I shot with mine last week I hit in the left front shoulder. It exploded the shoulder and threw fragments of bone into the lungs and on chunk into the heart. The week before I shot a doe that was quartered to me and it broke its back hip. I finished it off with a head shot. The headshot blew the whole top of the does head clean off leaving nothing but the hide. I think some of the things I notice about it and I may be making the wrong assumption is that is uses pistol bullets and they are not as "strong" as rifle bullets. So when you shoot them at 2200fps they tend to come apart in the animal. I don't know if that's correct, but makes sense to me. Anyway I like mine just be aware it may cost you some meat if you get into the bone too much.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Pretty much looks like the .460 S&W rounds that I had once before. I think it is only .010 Shorter?

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I watched gunbroker for months trying to find a decent price on one and gave up. Ended up with the .458 Socom and love it. Sure they are about the same I just like the fact hornandy and remington made ammo for the .450.

twolfe82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Corydon IN 47112
    I had a savage model 11 rebarreled with a shilen 20" match barrel chambered in 450 bm. It shoots great at 100 yards. I didn't get to shot a deer with it this year but maybe next year.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I had a savage model 11 rebarreled with a shilen 20" match barrel chambered in 450 bm. It shoots great at 100 yards. I didn't get to shot a deer with it this year but maybe next year.

Don't forget Indiana has the antlerless firearm season starting Dec. 26 and running through Jan. 5.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    As of this morning Bushmaster still has 16" 450 BM uppers on the shelf. You simply have to call their parts sales department (get there through their phone menu system) to order one. A very knowledgeable buy in their parts sales set me up with one this morning. Should be here in 7-10 days.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    who did your work on the re-barrrel?

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Congrats! I was told they had a very small inventory. I do not know how many they had in stock when I bought mine. All I knew was I needed to act fast if I was going to get one. I was told to act quickly if I was going to place an order.
    As of this morning Bushmaster still has 16" 450 BM uppers on the shelf. You simply have to call their parts sales department (get there through their phone menu system) to order one. A very knowledgeable buy in their parts sales set me up with one this morning. Should be here in 7-10 days.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom