Ordered a Holosun 509T GR x2 from Amazon - received and empty box.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Probably a return. Sometimes they come back and just end up right back in inventory. A lot harder for this to happen at your smaller shops. I have given up using amazon unless its the only place I can find it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A few years ago I ordered some fragrance oils from a company in Kuwait.
    The shipping envelope arrived empty with one end cut open.
    The driver searched the van (last stop of the day), but no oil vials.
    I asked the driver for advice. She said I should refuse delivery and contact the vendor.
    After about a month of the vendor checking with shipper, they finally sent my replacement oils.
    The oils smelled great, and prices were good, but after that fiasco I just couldn't order anything else from them.
    My guess is that it was a customs employee grab (not vendors fault).

Nice that they looked for them, but alas to no oil vial.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never had that happen. I did have an instance once where I ordered a couple of McDonalds hamburgers at the drive thru. After I left and headed down the road, I opened the wrapper on one of the hamburgers and took a bite only to discover there was no hamburger patty in between the two buns.

Damn you Hamburgler!
    My favorite McDs drive through moment was this: I ordered a large sprite with my food. All sizes cost a dollar, so no big deal. Girl tries to hand me a medium sprite.
    "No, I ordered a large."

She closed the window and reappeared 5 seconds later with a large cup and handed it to me.
    I get down the road and take a sip. COMPLETELY flat. Not a bit of fizz. Then I look inside. its only 3/4 full.

The lazy b*** just dumped my medium into a large cup and put a lid on it. She didnt pour me a new one from the fountain like she was supposed to. I was more shocked than angry. And I was far enough away it wasnt worth going back for.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My favorite McDs drive through moment was this: I ordered a large sprite with my food. All sizes cost a dollar, so no big deal. Girl tries to hand me a medium sprite.
    "No, I ordered a large."

She closed the window and reappeared 5 seconds later with a large cup and handed it to me.
    I get down the road and take a sip. COMPLETELY flat. Not a bit of fizz. Then I look inside. its only 3/4 full.

The lazy b*** just dumped my medium into a large cup and put a lid on it. She didnt pour me a new one from the fountain like she was supposed to. I was more shocked than angry. And I was far enough away it wasnt worth going back for.
    Bet if she was getting $15 per hour she wouldn't have been so lazy.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Never had that happen. I did have an instance once where I ordered a couple of McDonalds hamburgers at the drive thru. After I left and headed down the road, I opened the wrapper on one of the hamburgers and took a bite only to discover there was no hamburger patty in between the two buns.

Damn you Hamburgler!
    Back in the mid 90's, a friend went to a concert.
    After the concert, they stopped at McDonald's and he ordered two cheeseburgers with just cheese.
    They got back on the road, and when he opened his burgers, they had... just cheese. They didn't put a burger patty in the bun, just the cheese.:lmfao:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Back in the mid 90's, a friend went to a concert.
    After the concert, they stopped at McDonald's and he ordered two cheeseburgers with just cheese.
    They got back on the road, and when he opened his burgers, they had... just cheese. They didn't put a burger patty in the bun, just the cheese.:lmfao:
    Ha. Did they actually think he ordered a cheeseburger hold the burger patty? What a dope.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Ha. Did they actually think he ordered a cheeseburger hold the burger patty? What a dope.
    When I worked construction we had a kid fresh out of school, he was a good kid just peculiar, we’d go to McDonald’s for lunch and he’d order a cheeseburger with no cheese :dunno:

Reactions: KG1

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note I think I found the best ever Amazon driver. Its 8pm and I'm sitting at home.
    My phone rings.
    Its a Seattle number.
    I have not offices, family, nor vendors even in the state.
    But its a work cell so I gotta answer all calls. *sigh* Here goes.

After a long pause... "Hi. This is your Amazon driver" (yeah right) "Im calling about a delivery for you." (suuuuure you are buddy... get to the scam.) "Its raining pretty hard right now..." (whoa. Wait, what? Yes it is!) "So do you still want me to put this [where I tell them to stash packages so they cant be seen from the street]? I dont want it to get ruined. "

"Oh, hey. Yeah. I'm Home." *presses garage door button* (I was working in the garage)
    "Well look at that. There you are!"
    "I'll be right out to get it from you."
    And I made sure to double time it to get it from him before he had to get out of the truck and get wet AGAIN for the umpteenth time tonight.

Good kid. Wish there was a way to report his stellar performance to his supervisor and know for a fact that it wouldnt get lost in the machine. Most drivers even in this weather ignore the instructions and just throw it barely onto the front porch exposed to the weather (and porch pirates), and dont even try to get it up against the house where the eaves might shield it a bit.

/threadjack

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    On a related note I think I found the best ever Amazon driver. Its 8pm and I'm sitting at home.
    My phone rings.
    Its a Seattle number.
    I have not offices, family, nor vendors even in the state.
    But its a work cell so I gotta answer all calls. *sigh* Here goes.

After a long pause... "Hi. This is your Amazon driver" (yeah right) "Im calling about a delivery for you." (suuuuure you are buddy... get to the scam.) "Its raining pretty hard right now..." (whoa. Wait, what? Yes it is!) "So do you still want me to put this [where I tell them to stash packages so they cant be seen from the street]? I dont want it to get ruined. "

"Oh, hey. Yeah. I'm Home." *presses garage door button* (I was working in the garage)
    "Well look at that. There you are!"
    "I'll be right out to get it from you."
    And I made sure to double time it to get it from him before he had to get out of the truck and get wet AGAIN for the umpteenth time tonight.

Good kid. Wish there was a way to report his stellar performance to his supervisor and know for a fact that it wouldnt get lost in the machine. Most drivers even in this weather ignore the instructions and just throw it barely onto the front porch exposed to the weather (and porch pirates), and dont even try to get it up against the house where the eaves might shield it a bit.

/threadjack
    Saw this recently, however I can't find anywhere in the Amazon app itself where you are supposed to be able to submit review/thank you. Sounds like it may only be an Alexa feature.

Top Bottom