• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I've looked at websites like J&G, Centerfire, and Cheaperthandirt for years and just never ordered a gun because all the FFL's in my area aren't the best with transfers. A few weeks ago I found out that a friend of mine didn't have a C&R license but an actual FFL license. This was great news for me and I saw Centerfiresystems had a new "Nano" 9mm carbine and decided I should finally "pop my cherry" of ordering a gun online. I got it along with several magazines coming sometime next week. I'm pretty excited, but I'm not a big fan of this whole waiting for it to be delivered thing (I'm pretty impatient). I'll post a review of it when I receive it. Anyone else order a gun from Centerfire? If so how was your experience?

Nano 9mm Carbine

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I drove down there and picked up a rifle myself. Good company to deal with from my experience. They let me open about 5 boxes and pick the nicest one out.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Looking forward to the review. I have been looking at these rifles too. For a Glock guy like me, it is a much cheaper option than the Quater Circle 10 lowers & uppers I have been looking at.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Looking forward to the review. I have been looking at these rifles too. For a Glock guy like me, it is a much cheaper option than the Quater Circle 10 lowers & uppers I have been looking at.

I'm personally not a fan of Glocks but I like the fact the its left hand charging and it's reasonably priced. So we will see how it runs

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I made my first online purchase a few weeks ago. Price was good, but they added a couple of meaningless additional delivery fees. Add in tax and transfer, I'm not sure it was worth not handling it in advance as well as the wait. Mine was a Glock. In the future, I'll probably only order online if it is something hard to come by.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I made my first online purchase a few weeks ago. Price was good, but they added a couple of meaningless additional delivery fees. Add in tax and transfer, I'm not sure it was worth not handling it in advance as well as the wait. Mine was a Glock. In the future, I'll probably only order online if it is something hard to come by.

That's what I don't like centerfiresystems, they don't give you the final price till the order is processed. I like to know exactly how much it is before I'm charged

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Only way to go! I never buy local any more, they just can't compete. You'll not buy the same ever again.
    Only time I even enter a store is to feel the gun. You have just entered a whole new world!

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I bought a Mech-Tech Carbine with a Glock 21 gen 3 with a light for $750.00 from an individual on Gunbroker. It has been a real work horse and a blast to shoot.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I've looked at websites like J&G, Centerfire, and Cheaperthandirt for years and just never ordered a gun because all the FFL's in my area aren't the best with transfers. A few weeks ago I found out that a friend of mine didn't have a C&R license but an actual FFL license. This was great news for me and I saw Centerfiresystems had a new "Nano" 9mm carbine and decided I should finally "pop my cherry" of ordering a gun online. I got it along with several magazines coming sometime next week. I'm pretty excited, but I'm not a big fan of this whole waiting for it to be delivered thing (I'm pretty impatient). I'll post a review of it when I receive it. Anyone else order a gun from Centerfire? If so how was your experience?

Nano 9mm Carbine
    Please, for the love of firearms, stop shopping at CTD!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Nano 9mm Carbine

:runaway:

I'm joking.
    I've never heard of Centerfire systems. I've heard of the other, but they don't even merit mention in my post.
    Buying online can have great advantages if you are careful. Do your due diligence. Research and know what it is you're looking at.

I recently made an online purchase for an H&R Handi-Rifle in .45-70govt. I know the Handi-Rifle line like the back of my hand. I already own a few, so there was zero hesitation in this sale.
    Same some time ago when I bought a PT1911. I'm familiar with the 1911 platform, again, no hesitation, as long as I'm dealing with a reputable company.
    Check feedback or reviews. Ask ALL questions BEFORE you bid on anything. These include questions about shipping procedures/costs/time frames...
    Some FFL's will not accept a firearm shipment from an individual, though it is legal to do so.

I've gotten some really good deals online. Then again, I've seen people pay 5 times what something is actually worth.

Caveat Emptor- Buyer Beware

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ordered my Davidson's Exclusive Ruger 10/22 Take Down (stainless with threaded barrel with flash suppressor) off of www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of firearms: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns. using the Gun Genie. Local shops compete for your business. Great communication, shipped to a local shop. Paid about 1/3 of it to GOG and paid the rest at the pickup with the paperwork. Small transfer fee. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ordered my Davidson's Exclusive Ruger 10/22 Take Down (stainless with threaded barrel with flash suppressor) off of www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of firearms: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns. using the Gun Genie. Local shops compete for your business. Great communication, shipped to a local shop. Paid about 1/3 of it to GOG and paid the rest at the pickup with the paperwork. Small transfer fee. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    I don't buy online too often but I did just order from Davidson's as well and am anxious to see how it plays out. My understanding is I paid about a third to GOG and the other 2/3 includes everything - gun, taxes, shipping, transfer.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    The internet is making it tough for shops to stay open but a deals a deal.

You're right, they can't keep up with the price fluctuations as well as online does. Some shops around here still have some stuff priced from the hype. Like thermold mags for $25 when I wouldn't pay $4 for the same mag

Top Bottom