• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    You place the order online. During the checkout you will have to select a local FFL to transfer it too. Each FFL will have their own fee to perform the transfer of the gun. The gun will ship to the FFL. You the go to the FFL and pickup the gun, pay the transfer fee, and they run a instant background check. You go home with gun... :)

Buds has a page outlining buying a gun online through them. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/howtobuy.php

FFL fees seem to range from $15 to $40 depending on the location. Most online gun sites you enter a zip code and they will shown you FFL locations near you. Most of them they will have paperwork on file already for.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Several of the sales sites also offer a list of FFL's in your area.
    Gunbroker is one, but my favorite is Davison's Gallery of Guns,
    Their search engine, affectionately known as "Gun Genie" shows everything they offer.
    All firearms sold through Davison's carry a warranty from Davison's, on top of any factory warranty.

To buy with confidence from Davison's.

click here,

www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of firearms: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Tooms pretty much nailed it. I use a FFL that works out of his home. I had a rifle sent to him that wasn't in stock at any of my LGS. He was duck hunting and not home to receive the rifle. They almost sent it back to CDNN, which meant that I would have to pay for shipping again.

I now call him in advance to make sure he is going to be home before ordering.

He is a retired fireman and the price of $10 per 4473 regardless of guns sent makes it a win win.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    As others have said, make arrangements with your FFL BEFORE you order.
    Each FFL does things a little different. Different hours, days, shipping requirements...
    Ask ALL questions BEFORE you order. Make sure you ask how much the FFL wants for the transfer...

Here's another great site,

www.kygunco.com

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    As others have said, make arrangements with your FFL BEFORE you order.
    Each FFL does things a little different. Different hours, days, shipping requirements...
    Ask ALL questions BEFORE you order. Make sure you ask how much the FFL wants for the transfer...

Here's another great site,

www.kygunco.com

Just seconding this comment. The FFL on this side can be your best friend or a total a__hole. Make sure it's someone you can trust and be sure you understand each other totally before you do anything. I got burned by an FFL in Noblesville who quoted me one price and then when I went to pick up the gun he demanded more a lot more money because, "it was more trouble than I thought." Needless to say, I will never do business with that establishment again. They basically can hold you hostage since you're already paid for the firearm but they can hold it indefinitely unless you cough up more cash.

There are some bad FFLs about there but there are also some really good ones and some really nice folks also. But do your checking BEFORE you buy and save yourself a possible headache.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I can't imagine what Noblesville gun shop that could be. It makes the "hair on my arms" stand up just thinking about it. That guy is a jerk, I will never spend another dime there.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    And if the FFL says he has to charge you sales tax on the gun, tell him to go screw himself and find someone else.

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    I guess I'm asking if anyone has any FFLs that they've had a pleasant experience with and would recommend doing business with

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    I guess I'm asking if anyone has any FFLs that they've had a pleasant experience with and would recommend doing business with

As far as people who I've personally worked with, US Defense Solutions is easy to work with for an online purchase. They are also only $15.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Scooped by TOOMS. I should learn to refresh a page when I leave it open for a while. Either way :+1: for U.S Defense Solutions.

It's a bit of a drive from Fishers but I highly recommend U.S. Defense Solutions in Greenwood off of 37. Great bunch of guys and only $15 for a transfer. I won't go anywhere else.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    USDS are the king, but it is a haul from Fishers. I don't know the xfer fee for Point Blank in Carmel, that's a good outfit but my gut says the fee is going to be way too high.

EDIT:
    Holy moly, $40.00 transfer from Point Blank per their website. Forget that nonsense. Drive to USDS and be happy you did.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    If you are ordering multiple items require FFL, try Narrow Target on the near north side. Yes it's a part time FFL but Aaron is a good dude. He charges $20 per transfer, no matter how many items. I had him done 4 of my Anderson lowers from Aimsurplus last week. That's $5 per lower. I ended up paying less than $50 per piece after shipping and FFL.

Store hours are 6-8pm M to F,plus Saturday.

USDS is good to go, too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom