• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    The venue and reaction of the audience are what surprised me.

Have I made the wrong assumption that most college age adults are left of center politically?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is a distinction between the faculty and the students.:D

Oregon State is a land grant university (and sea, sun and space grant too) which focuses heavily on the hard sciences and biology (akin to Purdue). The student body is inclined to be more to the political right than say Oregon or the Art Institute of Portland.:D

As well, it is the Socratic Club which, given the SC's history, would likely draw those from the right.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    uh, been to purdue? I've been to 3 different universities in the midwest, spent time at a few others, most college kids, and by most i mean a huge majority are politically LEFT, they are idiots, they are out to have fun, no rules responsibility, etc, even the hard science schools, those kids party just as hard and are just as politically left as the liberal arts nuts. thats life, when you are young, you are dumb, as you get older into the real world you grow up or fail(until now when you can just get on the gov't system and get your stuff paid for of courrse). I knew before it passed that is was horrible for the country, the thing that amazes me is how many republicans and conservatives are surprised by how terrible this is, i expected by now for it to be worse, but the dems are changing the laws so that the pain comes slower and people keep from storming their gates.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The questions seemed more challenging of the right's position than supportive. That may have been for the sake of critical thinking but it seemed more ideologically motivated.

Top Bottom