• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Oreo’s are made in Mexico. Buy American made sweets. Support your local doughnut shop!

qXld1cp.jpg

Lets not forget they are still made in Chicago, New Jersey, Virginia and Oregon.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Beginning Friday, Oreo said it will release 10,000 packs of the special cookie packs to fans via a giveaway rewarding “acts of allyship for the LGBTQ+ community” by sharing a photo of what being an ally means to them on Instagram or Twitter and tag and follow Oreo on the social media platform. Those participating also must use the hashtags ProudParents and Giveaway.The cookies will not be available in stores”

i wonder how much they will be selling for on eBay, and I wonder how many People will just “fake it” for a chance to get the cookies

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    As much as I'm in favor of voting with the wallet, understand that basically every major snackfood company that sells in the USA is going to do things like this. Heck, Oreos have been doing the LGBTQ stuff for literal years, quite possibly the entire decade iirc. It's an easy PR win with no negative consequences.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Let’s not forget Mondelez laid off around 600 workers in Chicago and moved production to Salinas and Moneterrey, Mexico.

He layed off more than that, Philly had layoffs also..
    5-6 years ago with taxbreaks, investers wanting a better return, expensive union labor, a factory that needed huge upgrades and other mitigating issues caused them to move south.
    Lets hope with President Trump they will eventually move back north.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    It is JUST an advertising gimmick. Social outrage = free advertising, people clamoring to get/win the cookies = free advertising. The executives at oreo could probably care less about lgbtqrx issues, but they DO care about free advertising and selling cookies

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    As much as I'm in favor of voting with the wallet, understand that basically every major snackfood company that sells in the USA is going to do things like this. Heck, Oreos have been doing the LGBTQ stuff for literal years, quite possibly the entire decade iirc. It's an easy PR win with no negative consequences.

Im shocked the geezers here are not upset at the purple and pink cookies and cupcakes for sale at the local supermarkets.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yay for the continuation of identity politics! Just look at how much stronger we are as a nation since all of this ridiculous ****ing bull**** started. Might need a purple oreo.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yay for the continuation of identity politics! Just look at how much stronger we are as a nation since all of this ridiculous ****ing bull**** started. Might need a purple oreo.

This^^^^!

Ridiculous ****ing bull**** is exactly what it all is!

I don’t know why we can’t all simply be Americans and be proud to be Americans!
    If that were to happen, we’d have the strongest, most profitable (in more ways than just economic) America ever!

I’ve never considered myself a White American, a Caucasian American, a European American, a Hetero-American!
    Just an American! That’s good enough for me!

I’m proud to be American! I don’t need to break it down to some sub group to feel important.

And while we’re on the subject, I don’t give a flying **** who you want to sleep with! Why do certain people have a need to hang their sexuality on a flag (or a cookie)?

why do numbers show up after “cookie”? It’s supposed to be a parentheses. I try to edit but don’t see them in the edit page. Weird!

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Some seem to miss the point oreo is trying to convey about allying with the LGBTQ cause and they just think it's cool because it's colorful.

I'm not down with it for whatever reason so whatever.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I guess I don't really see the huge issue? Kids (and me) will definitely like them for the colorful aspect, and the package art with the heart made of cookies is cute.
    My issue, you have a food company now making a sex cookie.
    I'm ok with valentines (red or pink) oreo filling.
    Or even call it colors of the rainbow oreos to get the kids to buy it for the colors.
    But we have enough sex thrown at kids today and now a cookie company is doing it.
    I've always said, what you do inside of your own home is non of my business. But when they start throwing this **** in our faces in movies, TV shows, parades, oreo cookies, like being gay or gay marriage is mainstream and just normal then I have a problem with it.
    It's a lifestyle CHOICE. It's a sexual preference choice. It is NOT mainstream. Man and woman make babies, nothing changes that.

They might as well have made dick cookies

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I guess I don't really see the huge issue? Kids (and me) will definitely like them for the colorful aspect, and the package art with the heart made of cookies is cute.

LGBTQ supporters think transgenders should be allowed to use the restroom of their choice. Think about that while you enjoy your cookies. :popcorn:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom