• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topshelf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2017
    New Albany
    Before I read the story I was expecting it to be one of those times that a customer brought in a loaded firearm. It was his personal pistol though. I am curious as to how that is even possible?:dunno: Always treat firearms as if they are loaded. Hope he is alright.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    How do you shoot yourself in the abdomen by accident? Appendix carry; re-holstering; booger hook on the bang switch?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last words before the bullet drilled into his belly, "eet ain't no ways low-dead."

Where's that INGO gun store employee who was telling us how safe it is to point guns at people, as long as you have a beard.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How do you shoot yourself in the abdomen by accident? Appendix carry; re-holstering; bugger hook on the bang switch?

May be another victory of appendix carry, but next time in a gun store watch them clear the pistol. They will suck that snake right into their food blisters every, single, frickin' time.

I'll call them on their b.s. Same reply, every, single, frickin' time--"eet ain't no ways low-dead."

Pretending to be all tactical or smarter than the Four Rules isn't worth the colostomy bag for the next few decades.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Just added reasons to not go in there, I know accidents happen but.... Hope hes ok, just a shame that it taints the gun community...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Uh, no. It may be a black eye for that specific person. But it certainly isn't a "black eye" for anyone other than him.
    While you are correct that, in reality, this incident doesn't reflect poorly on all gun owners, yes, it certainly gives the ignorant another reason to cry about how evil firearms are. Even down here in the far south of the state, there is that element of uneducated, fearful antis who will latch onto anything they can find to spotlight their argument.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I wish I could say this is an anomaly, but it is not.
    Staff at gun stores can be as bad as anyone with careless gun handling--not all, of course, but it is not unusual. Here in Fort Wayne, there is one store with which I am familiar that has staff (one, in particular) that constantly violate fundamental gun safety protocol, including walking around with a gun in his hand and finger constantly on the trigger, whipping out his loaded carry handgun to play show and tell with customers, leaving his loaded gun in the bathroom used by staff, customers, and customers' children, and so on.

This store has yet to experience a negligent discharge or catastrophic negligent discharge, but it just a matter of when and how bad. :(

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Uh, no. It may be a black eye for that specific person. But it certainly isn't a "black eye" for anyone other than him.
    Of course there is that way of looking at it and actually that is as it should be, but IMHO, in general, when a gun owner, especially one who works around guns, day in and day out, has an accident, public opinion will lump all gun owners into that category. Again, IMHO, as an example, when a veteran goes off the rails, many people will take that one example to label all vets. It is a very human failing.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I heard about this within an hour of it happening but out of deference to the person that told me I didn't post anything about it...
    As an outsider, I thought it a positive thing to post this, as well as, all articles about gun accidents. Unfortunately the details aren't there, so there is only so much that we can learn from this.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    As an outsider, I thought it a positive thing to post this, as well as, all articles about gun accidents. Unfortunately the details aren't there, so there is only so much that we can learn from this.

I know...I have a few more details but it was told to me in confidence and is/was secondhand so I won't share as I can't verify....Let's just say Kirk would not approve...And rightly so....

The conversation started with "Don't say anything but I was just at ****** and ***** told me...." And I decided to wait until someone else posted before commenting..The person that told me posts here so I didn't want him to see me start a thread and go "Dude...I asked you not to say anything....."

Top Bottom