OSUT #255 - Beauty Sleep - Does it Really Work??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went to read through the gun show thread you were talking about. Some people seem to come here just to flame out… must be entertaining for them.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Dang smokingman, sorry to hear about the fight and your injury! That's a lot of dog to jump in the middle of. Hope everyone heals up and things work themselves out.
    It was a lot of dog to jump into for sure. Lucky for me the smallest of the three bowed out just by my presence and yelling. The other two were much tougher to deal with. I do not think the 6 year old had ever grounded my longer term 3 year old solo(who outweighs her by a good 20lbs), and was "winning" alpha dog or so she thought. She is getting moved to low dog on the totem pole.

Will be rolled over at any sign of aggression. Fed last. If she even raises a lip to either of the other two I will put her in her place. If I have to leave them alone she will be in a kennel, at least for awhile. She will also go out back into the fenced yard alone, probably for a long while. If that takes she can earn a place to stay forever. If she gets worse...well she will not be living here any longer. I am giving her what is likely her best chance for a good life. I rescued her, and take responsibility for not taking more action to prevent this.

The one I have had the longest(close to 2.5 years) had been doing a good job of keeping her in line with an occasional lip flare, growl, or rarely a mock fight. I though things were under control so to speak. I did not count on the two on one though and am unsure what was different than any other day they had all gone outside together(6+months now).

I had never hit a dog before in my life, but she would not let go of the other ones neck. She did after the second punch to the head. Was it the right way? I knew of nothing else to do in that instance. In the end everyone walked away at least alive. All with a few new battle scars though, myself included. The peace held all night last night.

Off to the vet in a few hours, the 6 year old will be kennelled while I am gone. Many would give her up already. But as some of you know, I am apparently a magnet for kids and animals pretty much everyone else gave up on. If prayer is something you do send a few my way(for the dogs, for the kids, and for my sanity and health...dogs are not the only ones who have sent me to the hospital in the last year, the 12 year old I am adopting has broken actual bones of mine lol....but yea...I do not give up easy).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was a lot of dog to jump into for sure. Lucky for me the smallest of the three bowed out just by my presence and yelling. The other two were much tougher to deal with. I do not think the 6 year old had ever grounded my longer term 3 year old solo(who outweighs her by a good 20lbs), and was "winning" alpha dog or so she thought. She is getting moved to low dog on the totem pole.

Will be rolled over at any sign of aggression. Fed last. If she even raises a lip to either of the other two I will put her in her place. If I have to leave them alone she will be in a kennel, at least for awhile. She will also go out back into the fenced yard alone, probably for a long while. If that takes she can earn a place to stay forever. If she gets worse...well she will not be living here any longer. I am giving her what is likely her best chance for a good life. I rescued her, and take responsibility for not taking more action to prevent this.

The one I have had the longest(close to 2.5 years) had been doing a good job of keeping her in line with an occasional lip flare, growl, or rarely a mock fight. I though things were under control so to speak. I did not count on the two on one though and am unsure what was different than any other day they had all gone outside together(6+months now).

I had never hit a dog before in my life, but she would not let go of the other ones neck. She did after the second punch to the head. Was it the right way? I knew of nothing else to do in that instance. In the end everyone walked away at least alive. All with a few new battle scars though, myself included. The peace held all night last night.

Off to the vet in a few hours, the 6 year old will be kennelled while I am gone. Many would give her up already. But as some of you know, I am apparently a magnet for kids and animals pretty much everyone else gave up on. If prayer is something you do send a few my way(for the dogs, for the kids, and for my sanity and health...dogs are not the only ones who have sent me to the hospital in the last year, the 12 year old I am adopting has broken actual bones of mine lol....but yea...I do not give up easy).
    Will definitely keep you in my prayers! You're doing good work.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Prayers and positive vibes (Moriarty)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Morning Smokingman… dang
    hope your pre morning hours are going well :)
    Hey, at least when the 12 year old soccer kicked my foot, and then heel stomped it(wearing boots while I was barefoot) I was able to get to the hospital after 16 hours for xrays,and xrays are better than surgery or stitches. It could have been worse...she did try to stab her last foster parent.

Trauma like she has been through can break people. Honestly after that our relationship improved. Why? She told me no one else she had ever meet would have let her stay. Could I be her forever dad? Since then she still has issues, still escalates, but she has not been violent toward me. She is also a lot more positive in general and has hope for her future for the first time she can even remember. After the dog bite she turned into a little medic and was genuinely worried about me. It made her proud to poorly wrap gauss around my arm lol. I think she can have a great future and will keep trying to build her a solid foundation for it.

Worth it.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    hope your pre morning hours are going well :)
    Hey, at least when the 12 year old soccer kicked my foot, and then heel stomped it(wearing boots while I was barefoot) I was able to get to the hospital after 16 hours for xrays,and xrays are better than surgery or stitches. It could have been worse...she did try to stab her last foster parent.

Trauma like she has been through can break people. Honestly after that our relationship improved. Why? She told me no one else she had ever meet would have let her stay. Could I be her forever dad? Since then she still has issues, still escalates, but she has not been violent toward me. She is also a lot more positive in general and has hope for her future for the first time she can even remember. After the dog bite she turned into a little medic and was genuinely worried about me. It made her proud to poorly wrap gauss around my arm lol. I think she can have a great future and will keep trying to build her a solid foundation for it.

Worth it.
    Takes a special person to minister to the child like this. Way to go......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom