OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you put the app on your phone, you can just scan a QR code in the store and it automatically loads it to your card. I really should do that myself. There have been times when I see a "digital deal" in the store that I didn't see or forgot to load to my card from home.
    Thanks. I will have to look into that. I hate having these extra apps on my phone. Of course I had just been using my work phone for many years and couldn’t have those apps,on it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks. I will have to look into that. I hate having these extra apps on my phone. Of course I had just been using my work phone for many years and couldn’t have those apps,on it.
    Yeah, I don't like having a bunch of apps either, but it seems to be the way of the world these days.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Probably no more than scanning your card does. At least the grocery store apps.
    The "collector bots" are so dispersed these days, we have no way of knowing from what, who, how we are being "convenienced" or from where to where.

Now before you offer me another tinfoil hat, I can't tell you how often we are talking about something and ten minutes later I go on the web, Amazon for instance, and the first few screens include ads for exactly what we were just talking about getting.

Lowe's is up with the tech, too.
    Just yesterday morning my wife was suggesting we replace the toilets. They do fine, but they are old and the porcelain is not as shiny as when it was new, making them harder to clean.

I got to Lowe's website looking for a sale on mulch and right up front are pages of toilets for my convenience.

This happens way too often to be just for me and my "convenience." This data collection is for their convenience.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*
    :):

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    The "collector bots" are so dispersed these days, we have no way of knowing what, who, how we are being "convenienced" or from where to where.

Now before you offer me another tinfoil hat, I can't tell you how often we are talking about something and ten minutes later I go on the web, Amazon for instance, and the first few screens include ads for exactly what we were just talking about getting.

Lowe's is up with the tech, too.
    Just yesterday morning my wife was suggesting we replace the toilets. They do fine, but they are old and the porcelain is not as shiny as when it was new, making them harder to clean.

I got to Lowe's website looking for a sale on mulch and right up front are pages of toilets for my convenience.

This happens way too often to be just for me and my "convenience." This data collection is for their convenience.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*
    :):
    Happens to us all the time. Occasionally, just for S & giggles we will discuss something unusual or obscure to see if we start getting ads on the subject.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Breakfast done. Ole Waylon got a strip of bacon. I only eat 2 and there were 3 left in the package. He was happy although he may have liked the little chunk of chocolate donut better.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Breakfast done. Ole Waylon got a strip of bacon. I only eat 2 and there were 3 left in the package. He was happy although he may have liked the little chunk of chocolate donut better.
    I don't know what dogs did to irritate God, but not being able to eat chocolate seems like cruel and unusual punishment for misbehavior.
    :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom