OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm still new to this group, so please allow a clueless question from time to time.
    But being an everyday thing, is the oatmeal a part of a cholesterol managing diet, trying to keep the 'statens out of your system?

I grew up on oatmeal and still love it, but I do take a 'staten drug for my borderline high cholesterol.
    yes, my doctor wanted to put me on a statin and I asked if I could have a chance to make diet/lifestyle changes to lower the LDL which he agreed to.
    My total cholesterol is only around 195, but the ldl is way over the 100 that is acceptable

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Good morning INGO! Boy what a slow start to the day. Slept in this morning with a lot of low back pain. Taking pain killers and hoping I can snap out of it. If I had to do it over again, unless it was a totally blown out disc, I would never ever had started down the proverbial rabbit hole with lumbar back surgery! As the Colonel said to Rambo: Don’t do it!
    OUCH! :wallbash:

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    yes, my doctor wanted to put me on a statin and I asked if I could have a chance to make diet/lifestyle changes to lower the LDL which he agreed to.
    My total cholesterol is only around 195, but the ldl is way over the 100 that is acceptable
    Sounds like a decent doc to me.
    My doc's Ok, I guess. Over the four years I've taken this statin, she has reduced my prescription three times.
    BP meds too, but those are increasing in potency over about fiften yrs of exposure. I have it all going, it seems.

I saw a funny on "911" TV show a few days ago. I can't remember the calamity of the scene but there was an old guy injured. He was asked if he had a history of heart ...
    He said, "Look at me, I'm 84 years old. I have a history of everything!"

Sometimes it feels that way. (I'm 68, lost a step, but still kicking at it)
    :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom