OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    We live in town in what I call a zero property area.
    Our next doors are seed spitting distance, but our back door neighbors are over a football field and a half away.
    Electronic spotting scope says 478 ft directly across, east/west compassing.
    Golf fairway between. Occassional stray FORE!!! headed in. Fun to find.

It is the almost deafening quiet of this place that appeals to me the most, other than a very nice modern upgrade to our old house.

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yes it does! I was going to remake my fire pit Sunday but my biological adult daughter and grandchild came to visit. It was more important than working on the new fire pit.

When I get it done I will post pictures. I am using half of a monster truck rim for the ring. A steel pipe placed under it for drainage. Sand and pavers around it. Very little of my yard is flat and the problem with the existing fire pit is only one side is really level enough to sit a chair flat on. When this is done sitting anywhere around it should be easy.
    Worth a slight delay!

Our back paved and rocked over patio area is just perfect for a nice stone firepit to be the focus of the back.

Moved here Dec/Jan two years ago. Sixth time for me to move residence in the iffy start up of winter ice to trudge.

I HAD to have a fire and bought a steel pit type of one from Amazon, got it blasting and worn in as one of my first "spot markers" as soon as we could, snow coming and arm broken in 3 places during the move, disregarded.

Figured it would last until June that year, but it's still going and working well. Can hardly believe it's not completely rusted out already.

Goal is similar to yours, rock solid, permanent pit, eventually.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just returned from feeding and watering. One feral cat and 2 rabbits...all brazen as can be!
    We were watching on of our resident rabbits last night and Susan said, "We should buy them some lettuce and carrots!" I said, "Um, no. They have a whole yard full of grass and plants with leaves to eat." (We don't have a garden anymore, so they're not a threat to anything else.) :):

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    We have at least one breeding pair of red tails close by, up in the big maples somewhere.
    Nervous about the 8lb dog out alone.
    Now we have two fledgling hawks beginng to patrol as well this season.

Along with some unknown number of kestrals floating around, the multitudes of baby bunnies everywhere don't stand much of a chance.

I've found a few owl pellets too, but rarely see the owls.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have at least one breeding pair of red tails close by, up in the big maples somewhere.
    Nervous about the 8lb dog out alone.
    Now we have two fledgling hawks beginng to patrol as well this season.

Along with some unknown number of kestrals floating around, the multitudes of baby bunnies everywhere don't stand much of a chance.

I've found a few owl pellets too, but rarely see the owls.
    We had two red tails around here last year but haven't seen them this year.

Top Bottom