OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I suppose it's because I used the kiosk at the BMV last time, I did not get a renewal, pay by check, mail it in letter this time for my car.

Instead I got a postcard with ten different locations to visit in person or I can go online and renew.
    OK, fine. I do lots of that online stuff.

Going to the .gov site I find that it takes 21 to 28 days to receive renewals by mail using their online "kiosk."
    I got this postcard yesterday and my plates expire on 5-14-24.

My only options to avoid driving with expired registration are to go wait for a kiosk or wait in a much longer line for a person at the counter.

*grrrumble*

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I suppose it's because I used the kiosk at the BMV last time, I did not get a renewal, pay by check, mail it in letter this time for my car.

Instead I got a postcard with ten different locations to visit in person or I can go online and renew.
    OK, fine. I do lots of that online stuff.

Going to the .gov site I find that it takes 21 to 28 days to receive renewals by mail using their online "kiosk."
    I got this postcard yesterday and my plates expire on 5-14-24.

My only options to avoid driving with expired registration are to go wait for a kiosk or wait in a much longer line for a person at the counter.

*grrrumble*
    I do it all online. My plates expire in June. I usually have them within a week after doing it online. I've got to renew my drivers license this year too, (in December) so I guess I should try and do that well enough in advance to see if I'll be able to do that online or if they'll make me come in.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had set up the meeting at a hotel like 6 weeks ago. Meeting room, all the food, drinks, classroom set up, projector with screen. I get a call at 8:00. They don’t know anything about it. I should have set up the food with the food people… everything turned out fine. But talk about adding stress.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had set up the meeting at a hotel like 6 weeks ago. Meeting room, all the food, drinks, classroom set up, projector with screen. I get a call at 8:00. They don’t know anything about it. I should have set up the food with the food people… everything turned out fine. But talk about adding stress.
    Dang, that sucks! Sounds like they dropped the ball.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I do it all online. My plates expire in June. I usually have them within a week after doing it online. I've got to renew my drivers license this year too, (in December) so I guess I should try and do that well enough in advance to see if I'll be able to do that online or if they'll make me come in.
    I had not gotten my "Star" Real ID yet so when I renewed my DL last summer, I had to go there with three pieces of "acceptable" confirmations of identity and residency.

Not sure why they do not accept their own document (valid DL) as one form of ID.

Honestly, it really was not that bad, going and toughing it out.

December baby? I have two of those at home. Three in the family when Dad was still with us.
    :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had not gotten my "Star" Real ID yet so when I renewed my DL last summer, I had to go there with three pieces of "acceptable" confirmations of identity and residency.

Honestly, it really was not that bad, going and toughing it out.

December baby? I have two of those at home. Three in the family when Dad was still with us.
    :):
    I already got my star last time. And you're right, it wasn't a big deal for me. Susan is a different matter though. Her last marriage was performed in the Bahamas and although she has her divorce papers (performed here), she doesn't have a marriage license showing that she changed her last name to her current last name. To my way of thinking, if she has her divorce papers, that means a judge here recognized that she was legally married in the Bahamas so it shouldn't be a problem, but apparently it is.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I already got my star last time. And you're right, it wasn't a big deal for me. Susan is a different matter though. Her last marriage was performed in the Bahamas and although she has her divorce papers (performed here), she doesn't have a marriage license showing that she changed her last name to her current last name. To my way of thinking, if she has her divorce papers, that means a judge here recognized that she was legally married in the Bahamas so it shouldn't be a problem, but apparently it is.
    Yeah, the Bahama thing I can see being a handful.

My wife has a CDL and having changed her name when we married, now has to have explanation docs and so forth every time she does anything, even for the physical.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wingstop isn't following their usual pattern tonight. I always specify 7:30 and they're always 15 minutes early. They're still "perfecting my order" and the Door Dasher hasn't picked it up yet.

Top Bottom