OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got the grass mowed, but I just mowed around the pile of branches. Have to have Susan downtown at 4 to get her Opdivo pump taken off and I didn't want to cut it that close. I'll clean up the branches tomorrow and mow the little spot where they were. Besides, I've got some stuff that should be dry enough to burn that I can haul over to the burn pile to make room for the green stuff.

Oh, and I noticed my weeping cherry has about a 4" branch broken off and hung up in the tree that will need to come down. It never ends. :ugh:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Stopped at a BIG yardsale, multi unit.

I snagged a small (4" Wilton) bench vise, four rifle size reloading trays, 3 plastic cases for loaded rounds, a splitting maul and a horse hair bench brush.
    I spent $35. Pretty sure the vise is worth that.

One guy had four sets of snow shoes and some scary looking socks to go with them.
    A pair might be fun to decorate (maybe my sound room - they could possibly be decent high frequency diffusers), but no. NO.

Turns out (I talk to people) he has hand made them for 60yrs and those were his own. Still scary.
    :):

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yep, cool and windy.
    I need to mow but don’t feel like it.
    Young did the mowing earlier. He did a marvelous job.

That's after judging, which I am often admonished to NOT do.
    I always say, yeah, bring it! Judge ME. Go on!
    Kids don't get how a little judging can improve their lives.

Good luck with feeling like it when the weather agrees.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back from Susan's appointment. They got her in and out pretty quick today. There was one single idiot (white boy - duly wearing his covid mask :rolleyes:) waving a Palestinian flag on the IUPUI campus on Michigan St. when we were coming home. Susan and I both flipped him the bird. :):

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I am fed up with Xfinity!

I get an email stating my account is overdue. OK.

Maybe I forgot that, too, so I click through to an almost endless white screen, while Cortana loads and she tells me that my session is about to time out, thank you. Please try again later.

Twice in a row, within minutes. Log in each time, trying to give them some money and ...

This is supposed to be my top tier level best in the area internet service?

YOU time out while I am trying to send you some $$? And it's on me?

Honestly I have wondered about some of this for a while now.

Why do I have to leap naked through burning hoops just to pay a flipping bill?
    What if I have some kind soul who is willing to pay my bills?
    Why won't they allow this?
    :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am fed up with Xfinity!

I get an email stating my account is overdue. OK.

Maybe I forgot that, too, so I click through to an almost endless white screen, while Cortana loads and she tells me that my seesion is about to time out, thank you. Please try again later.

Twice in a row, within minutes. Log in each time, trying to give them some money and ...

This is supposed to be my top tier level best in the area internet service?

YOU time out while I am trying to send you some $$? And it's on me?

Honestly I have wondered about some of this for a while now.

Why do I have to leap naked through burning hoops just to pay a flipping bill.
    What if I have some kind soul who is willing to pay my bills?
    Why won't they allow this?
    :lmfao:
    The BMV site was being wonky yesterday when I renewed our plates and my license and was trying to pay. Took me a couple attempts to get it to go through.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Found out that we will having the grandkids and their dads over for lunch tomorrow. That means I've got to go to Kroger first thing in the morning and get everything. They're going to visit their mom's grave (Susan's daughter) and then come here afterward I think.

That kind of throws a monkey wrench in my plans, but oh well. I just hope Susan is feeling up to it.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    The BMV site was being wonky yesterday when I renewed our plates and my license and was trying to pay. Took me a couple attempts to get it to go through.
    See, I could let it flow, if it was once in a blue moon, but this is every single time with Xfinity.

AND, they make me "connect" again every week. I thought I had that sh** sorted.
    It is them, not me. My SH** works fine.
    Theirs does not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    See, I could let it flow, if it was once in a blue moon, but this is every single time with Xfinity.

AND, they make me "connect" again every week. I thought I had that sh** sorted.
    It is them, not me. My SH** works fine.
    Theirs does not.
    I'm set up for autopay with Xfinity, but I always pay it early anyway. But when I pay, and they give me credit for paying, it doesn't hit my bank account for 3 or 4 days. Seems like it should be instantaneous or nearly so.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Found out that we will having the grandkids and their dads over for lunch tomorrow. That means I've got to go to Kroger first thing in the morning and get everything. They're going to visit their mom's grave (Susan's daughter) and then come here afterward I think.

That kind of throws a monkey wrench in my plans, but oh well. I just hope Susan is feeling up to it.
    Some of those visits are more important to the youngs than we might remember.

Call it a blessing that these dads you know have it in them to maintain a family closeness, even if some of that happens around a grave or two.

Monkey wrench might just need us to wake up as different monkeys.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some of those visits are more important to the youngs than we might remember.

Call it a blessing that these dads you know have it in them to maintain a family closeness, even if some of that happens around a grave or two.

Monkey wrench might just need us to wake up as different monkeys.
    I don't mind having them, but this one little corner of the family (the older grandkids' part) doesn't believe in making plans. If I'd have known, I could've just gotten everything when I did my shopping Friday. That's the only frustrating part. Well, that and when those 4 kids (only 2 of which are "our" grandkids) are together it is total chaos. They all try to talk at once, which means the volume just keeps going up until everyone is yelling. That is "normal" for them. :faint:

Top Bottom