• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Officially started the process this morning. Next step is a class next month, and after that our home study.
    Best of luck to the both of you as you begin your journey. Stay steadfast and focus on your vision of a future blessed family. God Bless.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Any idea of time to complete those steps?

Middle of October, we have 2 classes in one long day. A home study class, and a class for new parents about taking care of infants.
    The home study will be within 2 weeks after the classes. And it's 4-6 weeks after that to be complete. After that, their average wait time right now is 9-10 months.

So we have about 9-10 months to raise a bunch of money. Because the day the baby is born, we have to write out a large check at the hospital.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time :)

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Amazing what you have to do for adoptions but not for those who are having a child, maybe because they expect that expecting parents know what to do? Going to be honest, I got to hold a five week old (premie) baby back in July and at first I was like, "How do I hold her correctly?" because she was that tiny. My wife and I are taking some class the hospital offers the month before our daughter is due (I can't wait until you get to say you will have a daughter/son because it is the most awesome thing to say). Don't know what it entails other then a tour of the labor/delivery unit and the mother/baby unit. For my sake, hopefully it involves some other stuff like how to change diapers. I know it seems simple and I have seen my wife do it at church (for safety, any males working in the nursery at church isn't allow to change them). If it comes down to it, I know a couple of friends will give us some training. Even though it wasn't mind and mine will be more special, there is nothing like holding a one day old baby.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Good luck to you and your wife, prayers are inbound.

My wife and I have been trying for 3 years. She has had surgery, has taken all kinds of pills and still does. We are now 3 months into a phase where she gets multiple shots every month. So far nothing has worked, this might be something in our future too. Who are you going through or do you not have to do that?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Good luck to you and your wife, prayers are inbound.

My wife and I have been trying for 3 years. She has had surgery, has taken all kinds of pills and still does. We are now 3 months into a phase where she gets multiple shots every month. So far nothing has worked, this might be something in our future too. Who are you going through or do you not have to do that?

We visited a few different agencies, but found that we liked Adoption Service Center a lot. The way they ran the agency, and how the people were, they were more "us". We just really felt comfortable with them.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can understand the excitement of getting a child to adopt, but in your excitement don't forget to think of the future.

I was adopted at birth by GREAT parents, and grew up in a a family that treated me as blood.

1. DON'T HIDE FROM THEM THAT THEY ARE ADOPTED, and let them know this from a young age, or they will likely find out from somebody else and you WILL REGRET that you lied to them.
    Thank God I always knew I was adopted from the time I was a small child.

2. PLEASE find out all you can about the identities of the birth parents for LATER when the "child" comes of age and wants to know.
    They have a RIGHT to know this, and knowing this will NOT make you any less of their parents.
    My adoptive parents will ALWAYS BE MY "REAL PARENTS" BECAUSE THEY RAISED ME.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Wishing you the best man. I can't even imagine what you and your wife have been thru.....so many highs and lows, must be hard on you both. God has a plan my friend......trust him.

Top Bottom