• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    That's fantastic! Close friends of mine adopted a little girl last October. I know what they went through before. I'm sure it was as stressful for you as it was for them. It'll all be worth it when you get to take her home with you. Congratulations!!

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    That's great!!!!! Its probably a long shot, but you may want to check with your employer to see if they offer any sort of adoption reimbursement. My employer reimbursed almost all of my sons adoption and completely covered my daughters. (Hers was a private adoption so much cheaper.) I don't think a lot of companies do that though. You are all in our prayers. I know how exciting and stressful it can be at the same time.

Just trust in God

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's fantastic! Close friends of mine adopted a little girl last October. I know what they went through before. I'm sure it was as stressful for you as it was for them. It'll all be worth it when you get to take her home with you. Congratulations!!

That's awesome. I love hearing stories like that.

That's great!!!!! Its probably a long shot, but you may want to check with your employer to see if they offer any sort of adoption reimbursement. My employer reimbursed almost all of my sons adoption and completely covered my daughters. (Hers was a private adoption so much cheaper.) I don't think a lot of companies do that though. You are all in our prayers. I know how exciting and stressful it can be at the same time.

Just trust in God

I WISH my company would do that :)

We've been trusting GOD thru this whole process. It's been working out :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The pure joy I receive from my G-kids is beyond measure.
    The "Job" of being a parent was the most intense thing we have ever done.
    The rewards are again, beyond measure.

This journey will be wonderful.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Reading the previous posts in this thread, I have another update. Wife and I did buy another base for the car seat. And it was on sale, which was even better :D

And we also recently bought a stroller and a real nice pack n play from a friend.

Now just have to figure out how to decorate the nursery. It's the only room in the house that hasn't been redone.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Reading the previous posts in this thread, I have another update. Wife and I did buy another base for the car seat. And it was on sale, which was even better :D

And we also recently bought a stroller and a real nice pack n play from a friend.

Now just have to figure out how to decorate the nursery. It's the only room in the house that hasn't been redone.

Pink, and Yellow, are nice ....

anything, but
    green .....

JMHO ..... YMMV .....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So my wife went to the Baby/kid consignment sale at the Hendricks County fairgrounds the other day. They were have a pre-sale for teachers.

She picked up a real nice dresser for the baby, a baby swing, and a few pairs of onesies. I think we may head back there tonight or tomorrow to look around for more items.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So my wife went to the Baby/kid consignment sale at the Hendricks County fairgrounds the other day. They were have a pre-sale for teachers.

She picked up a real nice dresser for the baby, a baby swing, and a few pairs of onesies. I think we may head back there tonight or tomorrow to look around for more items.
    Excellent man, when is the due date?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No idea how I've missed all the updates. But Congrats and prayers for all involved.
    So my wife went to the Baby/kid consignment sale at the Hendricks County fairgrounds the other day.
    Wait, they have consignment sales for baby/kids? I wonder how much I could get for mine...

Top Bottom