• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Southport
    In the wake of the ever more increasing school and public mall violence, we have to make the case for 1: right to protect ourselves, if officials won't. and 2: 2008 will be key to 2nd amendment rights if liberal legislators have an over whelming majority in congress.
    What are your thoughts?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I agree. Just get your hands on as much as possible. I think these gun dealers are hoping for it. If there is a ban, then the prices go waaaay up. They buy it now for cheap, hold it, then sell it when prices go up. There is no reason why an AK should be $900 but it happened and will again.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I wont be tooooo concerned unless the heller case isnt won in the supreme court....that being said, i am still preparing myself

obama probably becoming our next president wont help our cause at all either

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The 2008 election "lieberals are gonna take our guns" ******** has already started at certain online retailers and even the local Indy gunshops i've visited recently. I'm with Paul on this one - DC Vs. Heller has a very good chance of being overturned, and if so it will set the tone for gun control in this country over the next several decades. The Democrats committed political suicide in '94 with the AWB, and they know it. While both current Democrat candidates have spoken for gun control, I believe that they understand just how many people are single-issue voters and do not wish to have a repeat of a Republican Congress and President at the same time.

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    After reading the transcript of the oral arguments from the Heller case, it seems very likely that the Court will find an individual right in the 2A. The problem will be what limitations are allowed. As you know, the Heller case is very limited, as far as defined rights allowed are concerned. Especially considering the rights that we are used to enjoying. I think realistically, Heller will be one of the most important events of this year, but it will NOT prevent a new administration (any of the big 3) from enacting legislation to limit sales or purchases of a segment of firearms. The AWB is more likely than not to be reasserted. I can forsee limits on purchases, limits on ammunition, etc., that would not be prevented by Heller. Unfortunately, I think no matter who wins in November, come this time next year, our ability to purchase firearms and related items will be significantly reduced compared to today. Buy all you can. Especially "assault weapons". And then hope they are grandfathered.

I agree with the previous post that the gun shop have to be excited about the increase in prices that are sure to be coming.

I know we are all preaching to the choir here, but we have to remember to do it elsewhere, also. Those other places and the other people we could convince may be the difference between victory and defeat.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I plan on buying 2 or 3 AR lowers at the next 1500, just in case. As bad as this sounds, they might also be a worthwhile investment.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I applaud everyone's idea's and buying what you can while you can. Although the Heller case is a great case and the most important this century(so far), there is alot more that we all can do. Many people like me don't have the resorces to just go buy buy buy. Even if you do buy all those AR's, whose to say they can't ban them completely? Anyone caught with one gets 10-15? All I'm saying is waiting around and watching is what's so wrong with this country. If you really want to save our right to bear arms, stand up and DO SOMETHING.

Anyone who gives up their freedoms for security deserves neither and will lose both. -Thomas Jefferson

Top Bottom