• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Prof. Walter Williams takes a look at the governments initiation of force against individuals and whether it's moral. My take is that the redistributive system that has come into being is innately immoral and should be rendered extinct, if we are to survive. Resistance should be the watchword.

Our Moral Dilemma by Walter E. Williams

You and I agree in principle, as we do most of the time.

Our argument is always what to do now. So what do we do now? We are many, many steps away from ending, as you call it, our redistributive system, assuming it's possible to end it at all.

What do we do in the meantime?

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Too bad this country isn't smart enough to vote for someone like him for president.

People like a nice smile, broad shoulders, confidence, and persuasive speaking ability. Obama has that (when he has a teleprompter) especially if you don't understand the issues. The last fifty years shows they care nothing about brains.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Too bad this country isn't smart enough to vote for someone like him for president.

Intellect isn't rewarded in politics. Many times, its shunned. The worst label you can receive after a debate is "too heady, can't connect with the people". The candidate with the smart label rarely wins. You want to have a beer with this guy, remember? Platitudes are favored.

Ok, I think that is enough snark for this morning.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    People like a nice smile, broad shoulders, confidence, and persuasive speaking ability. Obama has that (when he has a teleprompter) especially if you don't understand the issues. The last fifty years shows they care nothing about brains.
    Do not under estimate the folks who have held office the last fifty years, they were definitely not stupid, the people voting for them on the other hand and believing everything they were told, well........

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Do not under estimate the folks who have held office the last fifty years, they were definitely not stupid, the people voting for them on the other hand and believing everything they were told, well........

I agree, but to the average person they are just stupid. Real investigative journalism isn't all that popular.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I agree, but to the average person they are just stupid. Real investigative journalism isn't all that popular.
    Yep, the sheople gladly give up their rights hand over fist because it gives them that warm fuzzy feeling inside. When I want a warm fuzzy feeling inside I do a shot of Jack and fondle my guns and ammo:rockwoot:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Actually, if you hear Dr. Williams speak, he is a good and persuasive speaker.
    He comes across as a down to earth approachable guy.
    He also guest hosts for Rush Limbaugh from time to time, and is Limbaugh's best guest host in my opinion.
    My ONLY hesitation about him is sometimes he's a little too theoretical in his stances. (but that's to be expected from a college prof)

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Actually, if you hear Dr. Williams speak, he is a good and persuasive speaker.
    He comes across as a down to earth approachable guy.
    He also guest hosts for Rush Limbaugh from time to time, and is Limbaugh's best guest host in my opinion.
    My ONLY hesitation about him is sometimes he's a little too theoretical in his stances. (but that's to be expected from a college prof)

I would have to hear his stances on issues, as well as his reasoning. I don't like Rush, so I hope he's nothing like him.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    It's not Rush's message I don't like, it's his style. He's his own cult of personality. Williams is nothing like him whatsoever. As I've stated elsewhere though, Dr. Williams has repeatedly stated he has no desire at all to serve as a public official of any sort.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It's not Rush's message I don't like, it's his style. He's his own cult of personality. Williams is nothing like him whatsoever. As I've stated elsewhere though, Dr. Williams has repeatedly stated he has no desire at all to serve as a public official of any sort.
    And as I have stated before that is what makes a man like him most deserving of the job

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If you can't get Rand Paul elected, you can't get Walter Williams elected. They probably agree on pretty much everything except perhaps the war.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Last time I checked Rand Paul was in the senate. Someone elected him. :dunno:

I think you knew I meant, "elected President." Which is a whole lot different than the Senate or the House.

Did I say "Rand Paul?" I meant Ron Paul.

Edit: My bad. I understand your confusion. But just on this one little issue. I still don't understand your general everyday confusion. BTW, you didn't answer my question - what do we do in the meantime?

Top Bottom