• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We found her in the classifieds here. She is a black and tan coonhound. Due to scheduling, she needed to find a new home. We made an appointment, woke up early on Saturday morning, drove about an hour north, walked in, and fell in love. She basically went in a circle and gave all 5 kids some lovin and then proceeded to play with all of them for about 15 minutes. It was as close to a perfect match as we were going to get. We put her new collar and leash on and loaded her into the car.

We are super happy to say that she fits in and made herself right at home. Outside, she sniffs and sniffs and sniffs a little more. Inside, she is mellow and lounges around with the occasional bit of amped up playtime.

She usually has a serious look on her face. After a pretty active play session the other night, we finally got a big smile out of her.

We were watching San Andreas (it was entertaining, not gonna win any awards though) last night and there was a scene where the emergency sirens went off. This was the result. Hahaha

https://youtu.be/-qfJe7MoVYc

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :rockwoot:
    Good on ya fer give'n her a home......:yesway:......got'a Beaglehound from a member here back'n Jan, an' she's a hot mess, I tell ya......:):

Luv'd the vid......she 'tunes-up' perty good.....hahahahaha

(photo-butt ain' co-op'n, or I'd thro a pic on ......)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I'm not dogging your dog, but that is one mean looking dog! Is she as tough as she looks or is it just an illusion? She has an intimidating piercing stare, like she is saying "just try me!".

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    She just has a pretty mean case of RBF. She is really a big sweetie. She hasn't locked on to any prey yet but she has gotten some pretty strong scents and she pulls somethin fierce. I imagine if she got a hold of something, she could most definitely hold her own.

We got her a fluffy bed and left her out of her crate all night last night. She did excellent. No accidents, she didn't get into anything. Now she just has to be crated during the day. Unfortunately, as much as she locks onto scents and goes after them, I don't think I will ever trust her off of a leash and free to roam in the yard with the kids. She is about 2 years old and fairly set in her ways. All in all though, she is an amazing dog. We are definitely excited to see what the future holds.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Oh look at her... She is such a good girl! Congratulations, she looks like a fine addition to the family.
    You work with her and soon you can put the crate in the garage. Crates are nice when they are young for poddy training and to keep from tearing stuff up. But I always figured it was the dogs job to protect the house when we were gone, hard to do that from a create.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Thank you for taking her! Good news for you and her new family! Thanks again for taking her and it sounds like a great match for her and your family.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We love her dearly. The last 2 days she has started playing the "no matter how much you walk me, I'm not going to poop while on the leash" game. Her favorite time to poop is after 2 10-15 minute walks and right after we get inside. Lol. And the brand new bed we bought her is apparently a threat and/or delicious. She keeps trying to eat it. She is going to be some work as she gets acclimated to the situation she has been put in. We look forward to the challenge.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Good looking pooch! I like hearing rescue stories. BTW, An e collar is a great tool for training off lead obedience (and anything else, including in the house) They have vibrate and beep functions so you don't have to shock the crap out of the dog if it isn't needed. If you are seriously worried about her bolting, they even have GPS tracking e collars that have a super crazy range and show you where the dog is, direction traveling, speed, etc. Look into a garmin astro or alpha but do it sitting down.....they aren't cheap.

I trained a 2 year old hard headed lab I adopted ( that had never been off a chain outside) to be 100% reliable off lead on an e collar so "set in their ways" can still be corrected at that age. The beep function brings him back running full steam ahead because he knows what comes next if he doesn't. The actual shock is very adjustable and I never had to use anything more than what a 9v battery feels like on your tounge. I tested it on myself before ever using it on the dog.

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    As much as this dog hates the cold, I couldn't get her inside today now that we got a few inches of snow.

[video=youtube_share;4u6wkfnJ1yw]http://youtu.be/4u6wkfnJ1yw[/video]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's a beautiful pup. I'm a dog person. About 10 years ago we adopted a Golden chow mix. He was a alpha male, always testing the limits. Bolted out the door if you opened it and would knock you over in a heart beat if he wanted to check you out. But not a once of meanness in him. He was about 7 and a half when we got him.

My wife was sure she we had made a mistake in getting him. But he and I bonded. I worked really hard with him. Within a few weeks he figured out I was the boss. I used to force him down and lay one him when he wanted to get nuts. After 6 months he was able to be taken anywhere unleashed. Always stayed by my side. Loved kids and other dogs and cats. Not much bothered him but squirrels and rabbits He wanted to chase! He could play a mean game of tug-o-war. You weren't going to win! LOL

I had to put him down at 15 years old. I cried like a baby. Absolutely the best dog I've ever had. He loved the snow too. He'd stay out all day in it. I had to go drag him in a few times. He loved to plow the snow with his nose and would always jump in front of the snow shovel so he'd get covered with the snow. Loved to chase snowballs and anything else you could toss. Getting anything back from him, well. good luck with that!! lol I sure miss that pup.

Top Bottom