• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nick112288

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    What state is the best route to be able to carry in West Virginia? I have family there so I visit a couple times a year.

Also are these other states going to require a training certificate? And if they are is there a statute of limitations on a certificate? I still have my one from my Ohio training back in 2013

nick112288

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    That wouldn't help with in car though.

I Was reading the info about the out of state Utah permit and I'm kind of confused. Is the only training they accept seriously just that list on their website? And the instructor has to fill out a specific part of the form?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What state is the best route to be able to carry in West Virginia? I have family there so I visit a couple times a year.

Also are these other states going to require a training certificate? And if they are is there a statute of limitations on a certificate? I still have my one from my Ohio training back in 2013

West Virginia recognizes both Utah and Florida non-resident licences.

It does not honor Indiana's LTCH.

The best route to carry lawfully, concealed (if that is your preference) in WV would be for Gov Pence to write a letter to WV telling them that their permit is recognized in Indiana. That's all that's required at this point for our LTCH to be recognized there. For some reason, despite even legislators asking him to do so, he has not done it.

I'm not sure what pressure needs applied for him to write that letter.... hell, I wrote one out. All he had to do was sign it. No joy. (sigh)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The best route to carry lawfully, concealed (if that is your preference) in WV would be for Gov Pence to write a letter to WV telling them that their permit is recognized in Indiana. That's all that's required at this point for our LTCH to be recognized there. For some reason, despite even legislators asking him to do so, he has not done it.

I'm not sure what pressure needs applied for him to write that letter.... hell, I wrote one out. All he had to do was sign it. No joy. (sigh)

Blessings,
    Bill

I have also sent an email asking him to write the letter, I remember when we had that big push not too long ago.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Oh and OP I forgot to mention. WV is very close to being a 2nd Amendment state! I think everything passed in the Senate and from what I hear from a guy who lives there that it should go on through without opposition. But we will see. Something you should consider though if getting a out of state somewhere else only benefits you in WV and things change soon.
    There is a thread about constitutional carry in Kansas in which Kirk posted a link to things about other states (2nd link).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-takes-step-towards-constitutional-carry.html
    These states are poised to allow people to carry hidden guns around without a permit - The Washington Post

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    BoR - I don't think it is the Governor - The Reciprocity Agreements are between States' Attorney Generals ... If they are not recognized by legislation on a partial or complete level. ...

Top Bottom