• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    What do you think? Are all these online retailers really out of stock or are they waiting for the madness to peak and then maximize their profits?

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I think they are out. The stores are packed. They aren't going to let the volume pass them buy. People are going to be broke after everyone's taxes go up.

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I would think out of stock. I have found a few .22 version AR style rifles, but nothing bigger. I can't even find very many parts to consider a build.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I think that is potentially why Cheaper than Dirt pulled firearms sales. They are sitting, waiting, stroking a white cat in their mahogany lined highrise office and watching the panic buyers rioting at the gates while their Pinkerton guards mercilessly beat them...

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I think they are out of stock due to the panic stampede. The herd is out of control out the moment and heading for a fiscal cliff of their own making.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I believe they are out of stock as well, trying to make their 2012 numbers for managerial bonuses and such. It's retail. For what it's worth, I've been looking for a used Glock 17 at a fair price and they are scarce. I used to walk out to my mailbox in the mornings and trip over 6 used GLocks for sale and now, they are a bit harder to find. :) Oh well, I have everything i want right now and will keep a look out for a decent deal in the next 20 years or so.

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    They are out of stock, brownells said they wont be able to fill orders until May on P-mags! The good thing is they are still making everything and eventually I imagine everyone can get what they want.

securitysix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    I figured the world did not end on friday so all the ammo and rice would be going cheap.
    I wonder if the local Ford dealer is taking AKs on trade for the leftover 2012s

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Nope. The gun dealers are in cohoots with the gov't to slowly disarm the public. For every gun they don't sell they get a kickback. It's based on the agricultural subsidy programs. An INGO operative is in charge of the program because we here are used to proving negatives.
    Think about it. It's a win/win for liberals. Not only do they reduce the # of guns, but they get us to pay for disarming ourselves. Brilliant!

Fzz, feeding the paranoia one post at a time.

grover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Nope. The gun dealers are in cohoots with the gov't to slowly disarm the public. For every gun they don't sell they get a kickback. It's based on the agricultural subsidy programs. An INGO operative is in charge of the program because we here are used to proving negatives.
    Think about it. It's a win/win for liberals. Not only do they reduce the # of guns, but they get us to pay for disarming ourselves. Brilliant!

Fzz, feeding the paranoia one post at a time.

NO! You are brilliant.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Hey newbie, keep that up and you'll do well around (here)....me maybe. ;)

And they say a prophet is never recognized in his home town.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I've placed my B/O's for the things I want at todays price. Suggest you might do the same. The wait may be worth it.
    I too have tried to secure some pricing with back orders. I see where a few sites are charging a 100 dollar cancellation fee if you pull your order. I'll ride it out and see if some BO's pull through.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    I got my extra mags ordered on Monday when I first caught wind of potential legislation. Most everything was still available and I have already received via UPS. I thought about stocking up on some reloading components at the same time, but didn't think there would be as much of a panic on that stuff. However, I was surprised today when I did some searching and couldn't find any small rifle primers or good .223 powders in stock.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I stopped by Bradis this afternoon and saw the rifle room almost empty. There were 4 Mosin's on the rack, as well as a bunch of .22s and a couple of shotguns, but every semi-auto and most bolt action military rifles were gone. I had figured that the AK racks would be empty, but was surprised to see the Mosin racks almost picked clean as well. Their pistol cabinets were getting low too, but still had some decent stuff there.

They did have a CZ 75B in either hard chrome or stainless (I think it was hard chrome) that looked really nice. There was a Glock 20SF as well, still for the same price as last week. As much as I hate to see panic buying of anything, it is nice to see gun stores doing well this time of the year.

Top Bottom