• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

The Lexington Militia, the first group to defend against the British Redcoats in what is sometimes called the "first strike of the match" of the Revolutionary War, was led by Captain John Parker, a man in his 40s, suffering in the late stages of tuberculosis. Captain Parker carried a musket onto the Lexington Green that morning. That musket hangs in the Massachusetts State House as an honor to the sacrifices of those men and as a reminder of what led to our freedoms and our country.

The musket has upon it a trigger lock.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The Lexington Militia, the first group to defend against the British Redcoats in what is sometimes called the "first strike of the match" of the Revolutionary War, was led by Captain John Parker, a man in his 40s, suffering in the late stages of tuberculosis. Captain Parker carried a musket onto the Lexington Green that morning. That musket hangs in the Massachusetts State House as an honor to the sacrifices of those men and as a reminder of what led to our freedoms and our country.

The musket has upon it a trigger lock.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great find Annie.

Bill, why in God's name would ANYONE put a trigger lock on a musket? Are they afraid it will jump off the wall, load itself, pull back it's own hammer, and fire? The thing would probably shatter if not properly cared for over the years anyway. :facepalm:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Great find Annie.

Bill, why in God's name would ANYONE put a trigger lock on a musket? Are they afraid it will jump off the wall, load itself, pull back it's own hammer, and fire? The thing would probably shatter if not properly cared for over the years anyway. :facepalm:

That musket hangs on the wall of the Massachusetts State Senate chamber. The Massachusetts' State Senate consiste of 35 Democrats and 5 Republicans (at least in name-I don't know if they are in action)

Consider also who Massachusetts has sent to Washington as US Senators for the last several years: John Kerry and Teddy Kennedy.

It doesn't have to make sense; it makes them look like they're actually doing something.

Remember that when you're standing up to your neck in poop and someone promises you "change", they can deliver on that promise by putting you up to your ankles in poop. They don't have to change the level of poop, they just have to stand you on your head.

Blessings,
    Bill

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    That musket hangs on the wall of the Massachusetts State Senate chamber. The Massachusetts' State Senate consiste of 35 Democrats and 5 Republicans (at least in name-I don't know if they are in action)

Consider also who Massachusetts has sent to Washington as US Senators for the last several years: John Kerry and Teddy Kennedy.

It doesn't have to make sense; it makes them look like they're actually doing something.

Remember that when you're standing up to your neck in poop and someone promises you "change", they can deliver on that promise by putting you up to your ankles in poop. They don't have to change the level of poop, they just have to stand you on your head.

Blessings,
    Bill

If I remember correctly, there was a fairly large fight recently ( within the last year or so) to take the musket down, and lock it away, since it represented " a lesser time" or something else dismissive to that effect. I think I read that in one of the NRA mags. I'll have to see if I still have the article or can find it.

As for the dumpster story, great find Annie! :+1:

I would LOVE to have a book like that, especially if I found it in the same way. Darn near a journal of events from the dawn of our nation, in my hands, and saved from destruction by a fortuitous glance in a trash bin! I'd be terrified of handling the book, but I know I couldn't keep myself from sitting and reading through it every chance I got. I get shivers just thinking about it!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good find. Too bad our current Congress did one of these
    book-burn.jpg

cause they seem to be ignoring everything this country stands for!

Here is a nice video if the picture is not enough.
    YouTube - Nazi book burning

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Edit to my above post. After some checking around, it seems that I was operating on old information. Captain Parker's musket had a trigger lock on it, but that was several years back and it reportedly does not now. I still have feelers out to get a picture of it.

BTW, the law in MA was changed to exclude from the trigger lock requirement anything made before 1898 or so, otherwise, the lock would still be there.

</sigh>

Top Bottom