• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If I get my old house sold, I'd like to build an outdoor kitchen. I've got a 40x20 patio and would like to build it on a 20' side. I'm thinking I'd want it about 15' wide so it's not right up against the house.

I'd like to build a fireplace in the center and use it as a firebox for a smoker on one side an a wood fired oven on the other. Anyone here have any experience at doing something like this?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You might go to menards and look at their display. They have lots of good looking displays made from decoritive block.

I figure I'll go that route or try my hand at laying cement block and putting a stone veneer on top of it. I'll definitely need some help with the engineering aspect of the firebox/oven/smoker.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I figure I'll go that route or try my hand at laying cement block and putting a stone veneer on top of it. I'll definitely need some help with the engineering aspect of the firebox/oven/smoker.

Definitely get some help with that. No sense in tearing something down because it was done incorrectly the first time. I'm sure you could find some outdoor kitchen forums with plenty of help.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Gatorpit.net is a pretty good guy to get advice from. Also Texasbbqrub.com has a forum with very knowledgeable people. And their rub is outstanding.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    In my line of work, I've designed many outdoor kitchens. Do you want a full functioning kitchen? Or do you want a outdoor fireplace that you are able to cook with? I see you mention cement block as a starting point. It's a great material as long as you know were to start and stop. To close too the heat source and it will crack. There is a ton of plans for fireplace builds online. Most people will build a fireplace and cooker/pizza oven separate because of the material clash and size.

Top Bottom