• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jshepherd37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you are in Danville the sbest bet would be vhttp://deercreekrange.org/ not too far from you.

The Martinsville range is also a private range that only takes members on Jan 1 if none of the current members decline to renew. I think the member total is 110, really nice facility.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    If you're in Pittsboro, check out the Crawfordsville Gun Club. Should only be 20 minutes from you.
    https://cvgunclub.wordpress.com/about/

Pretty basic range, with a 50 yard 22lr, small pistol area (dirt mount and benches), and 100 yard range. Every time I've been, it's been relatively empty.

I also live in Pittsboro and went through the same search process and came up with Crawfordsville Gun Club where I've been a member for the past 2-3 years. It's like $30 or 40/year which is dirt cheap. Yes, it is pretty basic as described above and is usually close to empty except between 9 and 1 on the weekends but even then I've never had to wait.

I would love to find a place within 30 minutes that I could at least get to 200 yards and would really like 300 but I haven't found it yet. Heck, I'd even be willing to pay someone to go to a private range and could provide references...

GlockLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Pittsboro
    DNR's Deer Creek Range is south of Putnamville, but it has a Cloverdale address. Easily accessible from I-70 on SR-243.

Deer Creek Gun Range

It just opened this spring. I haven't been there, but I've heard good things about it.

There's also a conservation club in New Ross: New Ross Conservation Club
    Deer creek looks promising. It's not that far down 39. I'll have to go check them out.

GlockLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Pittsboro
    If you are in Danville the sbest bet would be vhttp://deercreekrange.org/ not too far from you.

The Martinsville range is also a private range that only takes members on Jan 1 if none of the current members decline to renew. I think the member total is 110, really nice facility.
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out the Deer Creek place.

GlockLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Pittsboro
    I also live in Pittsboro and went through the same search process and came up with Crawfordsville Gun Club where I've been a member for the past 2-3 years. It's like $30 or 40/year which is dirt cheap. Yes, it is pretty basic as described above and is usually close to empty except between 9 and 1 on the weekends but even then I've never had to wait.

I would love to find a place within 30 minutes that I could at least get to 200 yards and would really like 300 but I haven't found it yet. Heck, I'd even be willing to pay someone to go to a private range and could provide references...
    How far away is it from 39 and 74? The web page didn't want to load on my phone so I couldn't get an exact location. Is the dues for a single person or family?

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    The dues are for your entire family unless your children are over 18 and then they need their own membership. It does cover your spouse though if she is over 18......
    It took me 21 minutes today from 39/74 to the gate.

Slonsteady

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I have been to Deer Creek several times. Robert is running the shop and the range was funded by hunters and built by DNR.
    Just $7.00 an hour to shoot. One of my favorite ranges. Check it out if you are a west central shooter.

GlockLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Pittsboro
    The dues are for your entire family unless your children are over 18 and then they need their own membership. It does cover your spouse though if she is over 18......
    It took me 21 minutes today from 39/74 to the gate.
    Thanks for the information. I'll try to check them out next weekend.

GlockLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Pittsboro
    I have been to Deer Creek several times. Robert is running the shop and the range was funded by hunters and built by DNR.
    Just $7.00 an hour to shoot. One of my favorite ranges. Check it out if you are a west central shooter.
    I looked at their webpage and Facebook page and it looks really good. I like the pictures of it. I might try them out one day after work. I like they are open until 8 at night.

Top Bottom