"Outlaw" Turkey Shooting Competition, Tell me about them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Dear Troll Judges, Maybe, Just Maybe, there could be some sort of firearms that you have not experienced, and some that you may have heard rumors about, but have not an intimate knowledge of... That certainly is true for me. It might be something to consider, that instead of snarky comments about the OP and his issues, you could either shut up and learn from those who seem to know something on the subject, or assist the OP with possible sources for finding the answer to his questions.

I asked some valid questions and received some good info and found a website that has more info.... I also got 'Snarked" instead of encouraged by a couple of folks. Your lack of manners to a newby is noted. If you want new members to become more active in the group, I respectfully suggest you Snarkers try a little genuine Welcome-fellowship, it works a lot better than the smart-axx comments.

Thank you for helping me learn about "turkey shoots". I had heard of them and never quite known what they were about. To be honest I had heard rumors of 60" barrels too, but thought that was surely exaggeration. I guess not, lol.

Accept my hand in fellowship and for what it's worth accept my statement that I have been online since 1994 and have come to take it as a given that when posting for info on public boards, for every 10 comments receive you will likely find this breakdown:

2.4 actually helpful replies
    3 "you're stupid" replies (what you called snarkers")
    2 smart aleck/non sequitor (bacon, coiled rice, wallet, etc)
    2 attempts to derail the thread into an argument going on elsewhere in the forum (the open carry argument, caliber argument, etc)
    and .6 sexual or commercial come-ons

Considering these averages, I thought your thread is going better than average but ATM, Printcraft, Chezuki, or any of our lawyers have not shown up so we're not in the clear yet .

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Thanks to all for the feedback. As a newby here, I was concerned that I might overstep my social acceptance level if I griped, but the site has a lot of potential for solid learning as well as interaction for fun. The feedback certainly shows that !!

I will report back when the '60' speaks in public for the first time under NEW management.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    We do turkey shoots up here in Warsaw for the Shriners, you see 1-2 crazy long shotguns but most are just out to have fun.

Top Bottom