• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I might have to sell a few acres just to make this years property taxes. I opened the bill and I about fainted. Can you believe for 27 acres of woods and farmland, they want almost $100 for the YEAR!?!!!?

My old house is just over $300 for the year. That .79 acres and around 1800sf with a pole barn.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Mine have gone down. When I moved in 16 years ago the house and property was assessed and I was being charged almost $9000.00 per year for a house on 5 acres. I've contested it several times and now its down to just over $5k and I've added a couple more acres so I'm a bit over 8 acres now.

You folks are all lucky. Then again, Lake County is not known for low tax rates.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know they'll go up significantly next year. My house was completed so late last year that I don't think they even bothered to put it on there. Even then, I hope to be under $1500 for the year. That's 27 acres, a 4400 sf house including the unfinished basement, and a 50x80 steel building.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Mine have gone down. When I moved in 16 years ago the house and property was assessed and I was being charged almost $9000.00 per year for a house on 5 acres. I've contested it several times and now its down to just over $5k and I've added a couple more acres so I'm a bit over 8 acres now.

You folks are all lucky. Then again, Lake County is not known for low tax rates.

I choose not to live in Lake County. :D

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Didn't we just have a thread like this????

Don't tell me everyone'e going to wine for the next few weeks about paying taxes? These are going to get more annoying than "the police were mean to me" threads.:horse:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Didn't we just have a thread like this????

Don't tell me everyone'e going to wine for the next few weeks about paying taxes? These are going to get more annoying than "the police were mean to me" threads.:horse:
    I voted in the Free country poll that we are indeed free :D Back to the thread I live in a rural area as well .

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I have a bit less than 4 acres, a modest 1500 sq ft house, a 30x40 pole building, am on a dirt road in the country and my taxes are $1600.

This is roughly double what I paid for a similar property in Texas. But at least I get to pay state income tax here.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I know they'll go up significantly next year. My house was completed so late last year that I don't think they even bothered to put it on there. Even then, I hope to be under $1500 for the year. That's 27 acres, a 4400 sf house including the unfinished basement, and a 50x80 steel building.

Don't worry they will get you next year when they assess your taxes. Then you can start another thread about how much it sucks to pay back taxes plus the current year. Hopefully you have already added that into your budget.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Don't worry they will get you next year when they assess your taxes. Then you can start another thread about how much it sucks to pay back taxes plus the current year. Hopefully you have already added that into your budget.

I don't live in Franklin Township and I don't pay their kind of taxes. My old house is assessed somewhere around $70-80k and the taxes are just over $300 a year. I expect next years taxes to be around $1500. Not bad for a property worth over a half mil.

Top Bottom