• ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    And hypocricy is a crime?

Does it matter why a good idea is a good idea? Maybe they've finally seen the light?

They saved cost on building the bridge. Is that good or bad?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If the American steel industry hadn't priced itself out of the market this wouldn't be an issue. But, the fact is that they did and now they're paying the price for their foolishness. They should have told the unions to go fly a kite and they'd still be in business. I have no sympathy here. This is the free market in action.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    And hypocricy is a crime?

Does it matter why a good idea is a good idea? Maybe they've finally seen the light?

They saved cost on building the bridge. Is that good or bad?

Good on saving money but they need to do a couple of things before its justified.

1. Stop *****ing about companies outsourcing.
    2. Cut they're spending in more ways than a damn bridge.

They're are a lot bigger issues they have then a bridge. It's gonna be look what we did we saved money as they keep piling on massive debt in other places. Smoke and Mirrors and its time people start calling it what it is. ****ing hypocritical whiney asstards.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    If the American steel industry hadn't priced itself out of the market this wouldn't be an issue. But, the fact is that they did and now they're paying the price for their foolishness. They should have told the unions to go fly a kite and they'd still be in business. I have no sympathy here. This is the free market in action.

Kinad hard to tell Unions to do that. Have you been watching the news?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Kinad hard to tell Unions to do that. Have you been watching the news?
    No, it's not. There's always someone out there that will do the job the unions won't. I've seen it in action in the coal mines of Appalachia and in other places. The unions killed the US steel industry and the CEO's let them. Screw 'em both.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    No, it's not. There's always someone out there that will do the job the unions won't. I've seen it in action in the coal mines of Appalachia and in other places. The unions killed the US steel industry and the CEO's let them. Screw 'em both.

When Unions have made their way in the whole thing goes to hell I can agree and to get them to leave is really, really hard. GM, Chrysler, Ford. Many others. My Uncle works for GM and said there is no way they can get rid of the UAW.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    meh, I'll stand and applaud when they do something right. I stand and yell when they do something wrong. Hypocricy makes no differnce to me. I'm a hypocrite as well.

I've said some things in the past that I absolutely don't agree with now.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Exactly. Thats why Detroit went south. We lost our edge on automobiles because Japan could make them cheaper. Eventually, those union workers that demanded all the higher wages and benefits lost their jobs, because the Japanese were non-union. Poetic justice?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    so the Chinese convinced some pencil pushers with no engineering knowledge that there track record of engineering was up to snuff. That sounds about like me convincing a 3 year that the earth is flat.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    so the Chinese convinced some pencil pushers with no engineering knowledge that there track record of engineering was up to snuff. That sounds about like me convincing a 3 year that the earth is flat.
    Considering that, in the last 30 years, China has built super cities, practically from the ground up, I'd say there wasn't a hell of a lot of convincing that had to be done. They have the expertise and knowledge to do what they say they can. Beijing is a prime examples, as is Shanghai. Both of those cities have undergone massive face lifts since I lived there. They did it on their own and built a track record. It's right in front of your face, if you care to look. China's a global construction power.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Considering that, in the last 30 years, China has built super cities, practically from the ground up, I'd say there wasn't a hell of a lot of convincing that had to be done. They have the expertise and knowledge to do what they say they can. Beijing is a prime examples, as is Shanghai. Both of those cities have undergone massive face lifts since I lived there. They did it on their own and built a track record. It's right in front of your face, if you care to look. China's a global construction power.

if you read the article the factory site was an orange grove before the contract was awarded. So how can a non existent company have a track record of success? How did all that Chinese Drywall turn out for the victims of Katrina. And the three gorges dam is still under construction, while they have also determined they can't completely fill the lake because the weight of the water will shift the earth near the dam too much and cause excessive leaks that could risk the structural integrity of the damn.

Top Bottom