• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    it wouldn't hurt for the dispatch to relay the description of the home owner to the responding officers, i.e. don't shoot the dude in blue PJ's with a Santa hat, he's the good guy.

But what if I was robbing your house at night in my PJ's? Then there would be two people at your location fitting that description? Sorry but no pics please :gotpics:

R3l0@d3r

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I guess I just had the good fortune of working with common sense dispatchers. Our dispatchers would tell the caller to take their phone and gun to safest place in house (like an internal room with no windows or second story without external access). They would stay on the line with the caller the entire time and I would be told that the homeowner was armed while responding. When I arrived on scene, I would tell the dispatcher and the dispatcher would then tell the caller that law enforcement is on the property and to secure their firearm. Worked well for everyone..... One event in particular, the suspect was still trying to get into the room while caller was on the phone with dispatch, I arrived to a partially raised garage door and kicked in internal door. Met BG in family room on the other end of my G21, he decided to comply.

Top Bottom