Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Here are the details from Gary.
    Looks like another club going to electronic scoring:yesway:

Our November USPSA pistol match is this Saturday. (11/16/13). Sign-ups opens at 9:00 AM and we shoot at 10:00 AM. The new shooters meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Bay 2. There will be six stages and 167 rds. There will not be a Classifier this month. The stages and info will be posted at orpci.org.

Come shoot with us.
    GW

OTHER STUFF:

Next year we will be joining the 3Gun Nation Club Series. You will be able to shoot 3GN classifiers and gain point for the 3GN prizes.

Next year we will be using PracticeScore for all our USPSA and Multi Gun matches.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like another club going to electronic scoring:yesway:

So far the way I've seen it work is:
    1. You do everything on paper just like you used to.
    2. After scoring the person with the paper goes over and has a conversation with the person with the kindle or best case just hands that person the paper for data re-entry.
    3. For shuffles due to reshoots & etc a minimum of three people hover around the kindle in a mysterious ritual of screen thumbing and murmurs.
    4. Things slow down now and then because folks who used to help with scoring while the main folks shot & reloaded & etc, hang back in fear and helpless trepidation.

I know there has to be an upside that I'm not seeing, folks would not do it otherwise, but trying to figure out the upside is evasive so far.

Back on track, looking forward to Saturday!!!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Electronic scoring has its +/-'s and it has a learning curve for sure. The more people that quit hanging back in fear and trepidation and grab a kindle and learn how to do it the easier and faster it will go. It is not any less work it is just that the work is spread around. Last March the USPSA match at Silver Creek had 88 shooters, Dave spent 7 hours scoring that match. Took him several days after his real job to get it scored.
    With the kindles it spreads the work around to several people and the scores are usually done the same day instead of waiting 3-5 days. This gives the match director a break after getting everything ready for the match and putting it all together and then running it. Now he doesn't have the scoring hanging over him. If every club had several people(Backups for vacations,illness, or other reasons) other than the match director doing the scores it might not be as big a problem.
    I have been amazed that the kindle scoring is also a great learning tool. A couple of months ago I was on a squad with 3 friends that shoot Production 2 are Masters and 1 is A class. After every run they were checking their hit factors(Kindle gives hit factors as soon as score is entered) and comparing them with the other 2. Instant results let them see how speed vs hits affected their results it was a eye opener for all of us as the effects of speed vs points was much easier to see when your run was fresh in your mind. They used to just look at their times and didn't pay as much attention to the points as they should have.

I used to be able to push 11 buttons and spend 5 minutes talking on a phone to someone and cover everything I needed to cover. Now I push the same buttons several hundred times over a several hour period accomplishing the same thing and call it texting and some how it is better:dunno:. Yet we all do it (texting) because it is easier to do it at our convenience.
    I have noticed that almost all the people that complain about the electronic scoring have never scored(entered the score into the scoring program) a match before. Checking all the math and trying to read all the handwriting, or attempts at handwriting for 6 stages and 50-70 shooters can burn someone out quick.

I was on the fence about this match as Sat. is opening day of deer season. I hate to miss the last USPSA match of the year but when they said no classifier I decided to deer hunt. So everyone have fun.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I won't make this one either- putting breathing brown targets on the ground is the agenda:D

Good to hear Owensboro is joining in with 3-Gun nation:rockwoot:I've been wanting to do more multigun next year and that will work out nicely.

I'm not sure how I've missed out on electronic scoring, but of all the matches I've made I've never seen it happen. Some matches will send scores to your phone, but that's not for me as my tracfone isn't sophisticated enough for that kind of business.:laugh: Didn't know kindles were part of the scoring equation. Interesting. My wife has one.

Can't say that I've ever sent a text. Folks warn me I will HAVE to when my kids get older if I want to communicate with them. I have warned my kids that they BETTER answer that phone with their voice when I call:laugh:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    So far the way I've seen it work is:
    1. You do everything on paper just like you used to.
    2. After scoring the person with the paper goes over and has a conversation with the person with the kindle or best case just hands that person the paper for data re-entry.
    3. For shuffles due to reshoots & etc a minimum of three people hover around the kindle in a mysterious ritual of screen thumbing and murmurs.
    4. Things slow down now and then because folks who used to help with scoring while the main folks shot & reloaded & etc, hang back in fear and helpless trepidation.

I know there has to be an upside that I'm not seeing, folks would not do it otherwise, but trying to figure out the upside is evasive so far.

Back on track, looking forward to Saturday!!!

I don't know what clubs you have seen that at, but that does not happen at our club.

Does not slow anything down and we had the last match scored and up loaded before most of the shooters got home. It took less than an hour to sync the Kindles, import over to Ezwinscore, calculate the results in Ezwinscore, update classes and post them to the USPSA site.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Most people that DOG the kindles have never put on a match and don't understand all the work and time that goes into just getting the match set up and running. Then after all that the stages have to be tore down put away and then comes the paperwork(score sheets and scoring) and all you want to do is go home and relax. With the Kindles it is done when the match is done.

Top Bottom