• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Totally unrelated question, but it bumps this notice to the top which is not a bad thing.

If Bob Vogel shoots a perfect double into a target that is only 4 yards away, and you know in your heart that it must have been a double because the guy just doesn't miss a target 4 yards away, and you can seen no sign of the hit on the target, does Bob get a Mike?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    ???????Gotta be a story behind a question like that.:):

You are correct as usual, but nothing exciting.
    My latest effort to permanently eradicate any weak remnant of self respect was attending the single stack nationals. One of the better shooters had a complete miss (or perfect double) at a really close target on a low round count stage where it really really hurt, so I was nosy about rulings. There was talk that maybe he could have the target removed and made a case to the cro?

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    My latest effort to permanently eradicate any weak remnant of self respect was attending the single stack nationals. One of the better shooters had a complete miss (or perfect double) at a really close target on a low round count stage where it really really hurt, so I was nosy about rulings. There was talk that maybe he could have the target removed and made a case to the cro?

Happens to us all. Owensboro several yrs. ago. Couldn't miss target. Knew how my gun shot. Targets, hard cover, no shoots, all stapled side by side. No where to go but over the top, 3-4 yd. shots. RO gave me a mike. I know it was a double but rules say the shooter has to earn the score.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Scoring calls go in order RO then CRO then Rangemaster.
    They can pull targets for later review but since Rangemasters usually have Golf cart/ATV it is usually just as fast to call and wait.
    You can ask for a review if you feel a hit is there.

As a RO I do my best to be fair and earn my pay:):.
    When I RO and score a target I score it to the best of my ability and at the majors I will score it and ask the shooter if they want the RM to verify.(Doubles)

I shot the same stages in Revo nationals(with some changes).
    I started on the 2 mirrored stages Right and Left. First stage of the day and I shot to fast and got to many C's.
    When following the RO I had a shot that clipped the no-shoot. I looked at it and saw it didn't touch the perf so it didn't count as a no-shoot. RO scored it and called a no-shoot. I asked him to check with a overlay and when he did it wasn't even close and they changed the score. To be fair my shot hit a paster that was already there and made it look different than a bare target shot, but YOU need to check the targets to make sure you get the correct score.
    Went to the other stage and when I shot it I focused and the first target was the same no-shoot target that I had the close call on the first stage. Target was 15 ft? and I saw both shots break at the same spot. Shot rest of the stage with 1 C hit.
    When we scored I had 1 hole in the first target. I knew that I hit it twice as I was focused after the first stage and the near miss there. This hit was also on a paster and looked oblong. RO got out the overlay and looked for a few seconds and called it a miss. I wasn't going to argue even though I knew it was there but I asked to see the overlay on the target.
    RO then said to me that if you get the right guy he might give you the hit. I have never had a RO say that before. I said well lets call the right guy and let him make the call.
    RM came up looked at it with overlays for about 15 seconds and said 2 alphas.
    The hit pulled the paster into the hole a little bit and the grease ring was oblong but just didn't stick out of the scoring ring on the overlay.
    Why a RO would say that if you get the right guy he might give it to you and then call it a miss is strange. If there is any question at all I give it to the shooter.
    We shot the dark house next and I had the honor of being first. When I was walking in to shoot RO asked if I was the first shooter? I said yes and he said to bad??? I asked why that was bad and he said everyone else gets to come in the house when they are on deck and let there eyes adjust to the dark but first shooter has to wing it.
    Someone had to be first I guess that was my reward for questioning the first 2 RO's:D
    RO's make mistakes but it is a judgement call and shooters also make mistakes.
    I have gotten gifts as a shooter and gotten screwed on calls.
    I'm sure I have given gifts as a RO and screwed the shooter on calls. (Never on purpose)
    I know Bob Vogel has also.
    If I see 1 hole on Bob's target and can't find any thing that shows 2 hits then it is scored as a mike. That is all any RO can do. I will gladly call the Rangemaster for you.:)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    We shot the dark house next and I had the honor of being first. When I was walking in to shoot RO asked if I was the first shooter? I said yes and he said to bad??? I asked why that was bad and he said everyone else gets to come in the house when they are on deck and let there eyes adjust to the dark but first shooter has to wing it.
    Someone had to be first I guess that was my reward for questioning the first 2 RO's:D

Weird. On my squad they allowed the first shooter extra time to let his eyes adjust.

Thanks to both of you for the insights!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom