• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I haven't received a e-mail from Gary yet but here are the basics.

Owensboro USPSA shoot this Saturday
    Sign In starts at 9AM and Shoot starts at 10AM with NEW shooters meeting at 9:30.
    This is their yearly NRA match and entries monies go to NRA.
    They had door prizes last year that were given out by drawing.

Remember Owensboro is on slow time.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Ok here is the official scoop. Lots of stuff going on.

Our May USPSA pistol match is this Saturday (05/17/14). Sign-ups opens at 9:00 AM and we shoot at 10:00 AM. The new shooters meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Bay 2. There will be six stages including a Classifier. Stages will be posted via the website (www.orpci.org)

This will be our annual FNRA benefit match so come out shoot the match and support the NRA. Entry is $20.00. We'll have a drawing for a .22 caliber revolver, an AR lower, and several smaller items. We will also be finishing raffles and drawing for a Glock 42, a Remington R1 1911, a Springfield XDS 9, and a pair of Savage .22 semi-autos rifles with a dueling tree target. Tickets for these drawings will be available at the match but Saturday is the final day for ticket sales.

Saturday will also be our annual swap day. Bring your shooting related items for sale/trade.

There will also be a shotgun side match using the two sporting clay traps and plates.

See you at the range
    GW

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Man, I wanted to make this match. I am offered Owensboro or Bluegrass and was torn on which one to do.

Ends up it didn't matter. My Momma says I HAVE to attend my first cousin's college graduation, so that's what I'm doing, can't go against Mom (5th Command). I've graduated from college 4 times and my hatred of graduation ceremonies grows with every one I attend!:xmad: But, I'd forget the match about a day after while missing a graduation would haunt me for a while, maybe the rest of my life:laugh:

Anyway, shoot well and enjoy my friends!

Looks like a sweet 8 minor classifier.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Happy wife = happy life ;)
    Would have been nice to see you again.
    Rockcastle is next Saturday :yesway:

That classifier is one that fell through the cracks in the system.
    It's HHF is 11 for revolver and that is impossible to do with a 6 shot and probably with a 8 shot.
    It would take all A's in 3.6 seconds and that is a turn and draw start.
    Won't happen with me driving.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Happy wife = happy life ;)
    Would have been nice to see you again.
    Rockcastle is next Saturday :yesway:

That classifier is one that fell through the cracks in the system.
    It's HHF is 11 for revolver and that is impossible to do with a 6 shot and probably with a 8 shot.
    It would take all A's in 3.6 seconds and that is a turn and draw start.
    Won't happen with me driving.

LOL, indeed happy wife=happy life but in this case it's my actual mother.:laugh:

I don't know much about USPSA classifiers but it seems that every forum has revo shooters talking about problems with them. Folks had told me before 8 minor the revo classifications were a mess, seems like they really are now.

For some reason I thought Rockcastle shot USPSA on Sunday. Might have to look into that match.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Good match today, thanks to all those who setup & run the show down at ORPCI. :yesway:

You couldn't have asked for much better weather to boot.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmmm, if 4 of your stage scores are missing I'm guessing that most likely means the scorekeeper didn't write the time down?
    A kindle would have averted this tragedy!!!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    You know without looking close at your scores, I was wondering why you were so low in the standings.

Looks like I placed just a bit below the middle of the pack, I guess I can handle that for a first time out.

Side note, there been any mention of going paperless amongst the powers that be at RB? I'd be willing to help with the setup and debugging if there were interest.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like I placed just a bit below the middle of the pack, I guess I can handle that for a first time out.

Side note, there been any mention of going paperless amongst the powers that be at RB? I'd be willing to help with the setup and debugging if there were interest.

You done good in my opinion!
    Owens mentioned Kindles once, you could have heard a pin drop when he stopped talking :).

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Hmmmm, if 4 of your stage scores are missing I'm guessing that most likely means the scorekeeper didn't write the time down?
    A kindle would have averted this tragedy!!!
    Email Gary and see what is up.
    Hard to believe that they would miss your time on 4 stages.
    And all the people that are whining about the problems the electronic scoring creates please step to the rear of the bus.
    Electronic scoring tells you that no time was recorded when you hit review.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yep kindles are the DEVIL

Ahh, back to the truth.

Am wondering why Gary has not brought them out yet this year (think he bought all the stuff last fall), maybe just a matter of too many irons in the fire. Probably makes sense, Rock Castle seems to be getting things smoothed out and it is always best to be the omega test site.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Ahh, back to the truth.

Am wondering why Gary has not brought them out yet this year (think he bought all the stuff last fall), maybe just a matter of too many irons in the fire. Probably makes sense, Rock Castle seems to be getting things smoothed out and it is always best to be the omega test site.

Maybe he's needing some help with them and cannot find any members that are willing to step up and help.

Top Bottom