• Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Cut and paste fron Gary a little while ago:

Our May USPSA pistol match is this Sat. (5/18/13). This is our annual Friends of the NRA Benefit Match. Come out and support our FNRA. We will be giving away an AR Lower, a Heritage NRA 22/22mag revolver, and several smaller items by random draw from match entries. We will also be drawing for a Kimber pistol from the raffle ticket FNRA has been selling. There will be a shotgun side match using the new sporting clays trap so bring a shotgun.

Sign-ups opens at 9:00 AM and we shoot at 10:00 AM. The new shooters meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Bay 2. There will be six stages and 162 rds. The stages and info will be posted at orpci.org.

Come shoot with us.
    GW

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Great stages, but wow, our group bumped into some real douchebags there. Never saw the attitude that a few had at a match before.

The guy that got snarky with BossHoss, when going to our start stages, needs to learn how to be civil.

Last edited:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Great stages, but wow, our group bumped into some real douchebags there. Never saw the attitude that a few had at a match before.

Yeah Gary had some of the best stages of the year and raised quite a bit of money for the NRA. They had mid 60's for the number of shooters.
    Some long shots and some tight head shots and lots of thinking:yesway:.
    Gave away lots of stuff before the match and most everyone won something except Dog1:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. Maybe the guys bought you dinner on the way home after they won some stuff and felt sorry for you:lmfao:.

There are definitely some "special"(douchbags) people there they have only certain people on their squad and start on certain stages(easy tear down I guess although I have never seen them tear down anything).
    Fortunately not everyone is like that and most squads welcome anyone. You and the guys are always welcome on the squad with Mike and I, it's alway good to have shooters on the squad that help:yesway:.
    To be fair I have run into some "special" people at other clubs also anytime you get a group of people together there are always some that SHINE;).
    Hope you guys come back as I said you can shoot with us again anytime you want.
    Gary said he had to teach a class today and it would be a couple of days to do the scores. He now puts it on the USPSA site so it is easier to see and you can now see the combined results also.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Like I said...if I was the only one in a raffle...I would lose.

If thought that I would not have been tossed out, I would had a talk with the dickhead that got ****ty with you.

That was uncalled for.

I enjoy watching you shoot....the way you work that wheel gun is an art form.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It was another great match put on by Gary and friends I thought!

I was on the douchebag / dickhead squad. I know those guys and know them to be good people and I know Bosshoss and know him to be good people too. Sounds like something unfortunate was said but sometimes most all of us screw up and say or do something out of line.

I probably should take a lesson here and make it a point to move around to different squads a bit. If there are a group of you that have known each other for a good while & shoot/ practice/bullshoot together a few times every month it is kind of a natural thing to look forward to shooting with your friends at a match, I can see where that is maybe not the best thing for overall harmony though.

Peace.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I talked to one of them, when we caught up with you guys on a stage, he seemed really nice. The other one though seemed too full of himself and to be honest, a jerk.

And I was not the only one that said that about him during the match.

The way he acted to Bosshoss was out of line and handled badly. I can only imagine what a new shooter, that has never done this before, full of nerves for his or her first match, would think if he or she saw that.

You have a problem or disagreement, then handled it quietly and out of the way. No reason to loudly bark at someone, just because there was no score sheets in a bucket, sitting on a stage.

What he really needs is a lesson in manners. It's apparent growing up, he never got that lesson.

Civility....how does it work?

Last edited:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    It was another great match put on by Gary and friends I thought!

I was on the douchebag / dickhead squad. I know those guys and know them to be good people and I know Bosshoss and know him to be good people too. Sounds like something unfortunate was said but sometimes most all of us screw up and say or do something out of line.

I probably should take a lesson here and make it a point to move around to different squads a bit. If there are a group of you that have known each other for a good while & shoot/ practice/bullshoot together a few times every month it is kind of a natural thing to look forward to shooting with your friends at a match, I can see where that is maybe not the best thing for overall harmony though.

Peace.

Jeff you should shoot with who you want that is what it is all about fun and friends. Shooting on a different squad every once in a while does allow you to meet different people and see how other shooters solve the stages.
    I have shot with your crew before and like them but I have had dealings with this person before as I was a newer shooter at this club last year and I saw him taking score sheets and asked if he had room for me to shoot on their squad and he said we are full. At shooters meeting several of us were not squaded and all the squads had 10 shootes but his squad it had 7 so I and 3 or 4 others ended up on his FULL squad.:rolleyes:
    His reaction to a misunderstanding tells me all I need to know about him.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Interesting. I had the exact same experience as Bosshoss with an RO at Owensboro when I started there. I actually knew him very well from IDPA at RB. No sweat, I just avoid his squads on either side of the river:D

BACK TO THE POINT- I'm glad the match went well! Gary showed me once all the stuff that NRA funds had done for the range. Let's just say the NRA has been real good to Owensboro and vice versa. :yesway:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Interesting. I had the exact same experience as Bosshoss with an RO at Owensboro when I started there.

Hmm, besides Gary, who is the person that you know who does the most work so that the rest of us can enjoy the shooting sports? Shows up early at Lewisport for set up, is the first and last worker at every RB Idpa and steel match, devotes personal evening time to all the organizational blather that has to be dealt with to keep a club going, etc. ????

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hmm, besides Gary, who is the person that you know who does the most work so that the rest of us can enjoy the shooting sports? Shows up early at Lewisport for set up, is the first and last worker at every RB Idpa and steel match, devotes personal evening time to all the organizational blather that has to be dealt with to keep a club going, etc. ????

No idea? Brad?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Dave I did some NRA range improvement. work at a club I was the match director for years ago. I'll PM you some of the stuff I remember when I can get to the computer later.

Top Bottom