Owned the property nigh on four years...How did I miss this cave???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    This makes me want to get back out in our woods! I've found where a small spring flows into an underground cavern but no entry point to explore. That is right at the southern edge of our property and our neighbor south has a few caves.

As far as the paw prints...it's very possible it's a big game cat. There have been more and more sightings in recent years. I've not spent too much time exploring alone since one of our boys was quite insistent that he had seen something cross the lane in front of him while he was driving our side by side. He insists it was something flesh colored, thought it was a man running on all fours but moving like an animal. There is a Navajo word for it that he uses, but we are NOT Navajo. LOL, he had friends who had a similar sighting of something that moved very quickly, ran on all fours, and had the same coloring as human skin. Oh, the imagination of children...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Indy did the prints have visible claws? I zoomed in but couldn’t see em.

Yes sir....

ElN0KosWkAAWbPX

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Last edited:

BHOWPE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Nice!

i have several caves on my property, and at least a mile long system I’ve dye traced but currently the only entrance is under water. But being a caver the first thing I did when I bought my place was locate all of the caves.

Be careful you don’t stumble into the Upside Down! :):

Top Bottom