• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Another direction is to influence the boys to shoot accurately at longer distances. .22LR bolt gun, decent glass, bipod, rear bag. Spotting scope for the spotter.

Anyone can pull the trigger fast. It takes real marksmanship and discipline to shoot well accurately.
    So true, and a whole other discussion. :D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The S&W M&P 15 in 22lr is a proven platform.

Thank you for the suggestion coincidentally I just realized I had over looked the M&P 15/22LR as a very viable and reliable platform.

I also considered the 10/22 and still might end up with it as its as good a GP semi-auto 22 as can be bought. I asked about the 597 and the GSG-16 as I have no real 1st hand experience with either. I have many friends who own 10/22's and all have been quite satisfied. I was just looking for something different as long as it equaled the 10/22's reliability and durability. Not looking to do any custom work at this point.

I'd go with the 15-22 (and have one) specifically because it mimics the controls of an AR, and can handle many of the same accessories (most anything rail mounted, stocks, etc).
    Unless you want to have them learn another platform, I'd go with the 15-22.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom