• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Cool stages. I like that star with a steel vision barrier. Makes for a unique strategy.
    Where is this club at?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Still shooting SS because I don't like how I shot it early in the year. I am going to shoot it until I am shooting it well.

Oxford, Ohio is the location.

It might have doubled, most likely an AD. I did not hear stop so I shot on and dumped my shorts out later. RO saw I was surprised, knew that no remedial action had started, then I took my finger out of the trigger guard and reloaded. Round did not leave the range. I would not have argued the DQ and I am not going to argue the lack of one.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Cool stages. I like that star with a steel vision barrier. Makes for a unique strategy.
    Where is this club at?

The seated stage is a cool idea. Many might miss how well designed the stage was. First the prop was well designed and built and not just throw together. The stage had 2 no shoots alone and near but not real near the 180. This was so that the shooter did not get lost or caught up in the movement and go way too far. The shoot targets were well inside the no shoots. The prop obviously fit big men. Blocking the start made for the possibility of a NMP mike on the steel because it was not visible at rest. That happened to me. Not really a flaw but something to think about. Many times trick props don't work out very well, but this one did.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It might have doubled, most likely an AD. I did not hear stop so I shot on and dumped my shorts out later. RO saw I was surprised, knew that no remedial action had started, then I took my finger out of the trigger guard and reloaded. Round did not leave the range. I would not have argued the DQ and I am not going to argue the lack of one.

Heck, if you were engaging targets, it's not an AD according to the rules anyway, right?

I was just curios if it was the gun itself, or if you were about to start a reload, relaxed your grip a little, and the gun rocked in your hand.

The seated stage is a cool idea. Many might miss how well designed the stage was. First the prop was well designed and built and not just throw together. The stage had 2 no shoots alone and near but not real near the 180. This was so that the shooter did not get lost or caught up in the movement and go way too far. The shoot targets were well inside the no shoots. The prop obviously fit big men. Blocking the start made for the possibility of a NMP mike on the steel because it was not visible at rest. That happened to me. Not really a flaw but something to think about. Many times trick props don't work out very well, but this one did.

It looked like a lot of fun and as you point out, it was well-designed by someone or someones who knew what they were doing. We've seen turrets before, but I've not seen one with a seat that swivels with it! That has a lot of potential for 3-gun too.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looked like a DQable offense to me, but I fall down a lot, so disregard any opinion I may have in its' regard.

I was at the mercy of the RO it could go either way. He chose to give me the benefit of the doubt.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've ruled it that way a time or two before. My RO instructor said if you aren't 100% sure, you shouldn't call it.

The USPSA Rules that define accidental discharges are clear. None of the conditions below apply, so a disqualification for a shot fired at a target, whether intentional or not, would not be allowed within the rules.

10.4 Match Disqualification – Accidental Discharge A competitor who causes an accidental discharge must be stopped by a Range
    Officer as soon as possible. An accidental discharge is defined as follows:
    10.4.1 A shot, which travels over a backstop, a berm or in any other direction,
    specified in the written stage briefing by the match organizers as being
    unsafe. Note that a competitor who legitimately fires a shot at a target,
    which then travels in an unsafe direction, will not be disqualified (the
    provisions of Section 2.3 may apply).
    10.4.2 A shot which strikes the ground within 10 feet of the competitor, except
    when shooting at a paper target closer than 10 feet to the competitor.
    10.4.2.1 Exception — A bullet which strikes the ground within 10 feet
    of the competitor due to a “squib”.
    10.4.2.2 In the case of a shot striking a prop where the bullet is
    deflected or does not continue to strike the ground, if the
    Range Official determines that the bullet would have struck the
    ground within 10 feet of the competitor had it not been
    deflected or stopped by the prop, the provisions of 10.4.2 shall
    apply.
    10.4.3 A shot which occurs while loading, reloading or unloading a handgun.
    This includes any shot fired during the procedures outlined in Rule 47 USPSA Handgun Rules, February 2014 Edition
    8.3.1 and Rule 8.3.7.
    10.4.3.1 Exception – a detonation, which occurs while unloading a
    handgun, is not considered a shot or discharge subject to a
    match disqualification, however, Rule 5.1.6 may apply.
    10.4.4 A shot which occurs during remedial action in the case of a
    malfunction.
    10.4.5 A shot which occurs while transferring a handgun between hands.
    10.4.6 A shot which occurs during movement, except while actually shooting
    at targets.

Top Bottom