• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    The USPSA Rules that define accidental discharges are clear. None of the conditions below apply, so a disqualification for a shot fired at a target, whether intentional or not, would not be allowed within the rules.

So what you are saying is no harm no foul?

The shot occurred in the process of a reload? So, by definition of the rules, it is an AD

10.4.3 A shot which occurs while loading, reloading or unloading a handgun.
    This includes any shot fired during the procedures outlined in Rule 47 USPSA Handgun Rules, February 2014 Edition

:D Now I'm arguing my own decision here just to be a **CK and mess with the Rino

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So what you are saying is no harm no foul?

The shot occurred in the process of a reload? So, by definition of the rules, it is an AD

10.4.3 A shot which occurs while loading, reloading or unloading a handgun.
    This includes any shot fired during the procedures outlined in Rule 47 USPSA Handgun Rules, February 2014 Edition

:D Now I'm arguing my own decision here just to be a **CK and mess with the Rino

The RO said it happened before the reload. He assumed I was making up a miss.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I understood that the shot was fired before the reload was actually underway. If the muzzle was pointed at the targets, and he wasn't already putting a magazine into the gun, I don't see how it could be considered an AD under USPSA rules. I don't know if Coach dropped the mag before or while this was happening, but I've seen people engage targets after dropping a mag several times in the past.

No DQ.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Now that we've cleared that up, nice shooting coach! Are you shooting single stack at A5 too?

Yes. I am shooting Single stack until I am shooting it better. I even got a little practice in today. I took my Area 5 targets to the range today. I shot a few no shoots.

Top Bottom