• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I just got a kahr cm9 and don't see anything in the owners manual about whether the pistols are rated for +p or +p+ ammo--anyone know? I can call them but I won't have an answer in time for breaking it in at the INGO event at ECPR this weekend. Likewise, is nato headstamp ammo (o and +) +p?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    NATO rated 9mm is between SAAMI and +p. I know that the Kahr is able to use NATO ammo as it is listed nicely hidden in the manual.

I do know that many have said that the PM9 that I carry prefers heavier loads, and per their website they are rated to +P.

http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp#q4

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Don't know - but I put some +P through mine (CM9). No apparent ill effects. Curious to see what the official take on it is.

Edit - read through a few threads at Kahrtalk and nobody seems to be griping and a few have said that they did +P YMMV, My Kahr didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, etc...

Last edited:

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    It's good to know they are rated P+. They should be able to handle all kinds of factory loaded ammo.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don't know - but I put some +P through mine (CM9). No apparent ill effects. Curious to see what the official take on it is.

Edit - read through a few threads at Kahrtalk and nobody seems to be griping and a few have said that they did +P YMMV, My Kahr didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, etc...

Read my post again. Kahr says that +P is ok in their pistols. It's nicely listed in their FAQs :D

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've fired probably a couple of boxes of 124gr +P HSTs through my CW9 with no ill effect. Also, 25 rounds of 115gr +P+ with the same result.

Top Bottom