• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have the optics ready p10s with the blacked out rear. I never realized how much I would love that set up.
    I totally get this. One of my favorite pistols has a front night sight and blacked out rear. I didn't know how well I'd take to it, but I've found this works better for me than I ever could have imagined. I shoot with both eyes open (as most of us on here probably do), and it's so much easier without that extra set of rear dots "duplicating" in front of me. A close second to this setup is the "Straight 8" style night sights I have on a few others.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    What's weird is that I got a .380 laser training bullet and the cz p10s and p10c will activate that but because it's not a good barrel fit the laser moves with every dry fire so it's useless for self diagnosing trigger pulls. You got me on why it doesn't work.

The P10 chambers seem very short. There is essentially zero freebore (or whatever is analogous for 9mm). I had 147gr handloads at 1.08" that were still way too long to let the cartridge fully chamber. Depending on the profile of the "bullet" part of the laser, I can see the possibility that the slide isn't going fully into battery with the laser inserted. If so, then the striker won't be pulled to its full stroke and you'd get a "light primer strike."

This would also explain why the 380 seems to work because it's short enough that it will fully chamber, but it's headspacing off the extractor and not super stable--hence your wobbling laser. So even though the chambers are short, I suspect the radial clearance is pretty generous (ala glock-like for reliability).

This is the only theory I can come up with that explains the observations.

I've been carrying my P10S OR with the Holosun HS507C and have been enjoying it. Still trying to decide if I put the HBI trigger in it or not.

Based on the prompting from Mountie, I've been researching the Overwatch and all the GLock and CZ reviews I can find are glowing. I'm sure the HBI is excellent too, but if I do upgrade, I'll probably do the Overwatch.

I have the optics ready p10s with the blacked out rear. I never realized how much I would love that set up. I put a Holosun 508t on it for a while and was nowhere as good or fast so I went back to the irons. It’s a great carry gun. If I had to take a tough shot with that gun eg hostage situation of all my carries that’s probably the one I’d hope to be carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit surprised by how good this works, too. I've messed around a bit with the competition sight setup with a blacked out serrated rear and a narrow fiber front. It had a lot of daylight around the front post. I'm finding the P10's sights to be just about perfect for an all-purpose sight. The front is big enough to be easily found fast, reasonably bright (it could be brighter ala Trijicon HD), and the rear is perfect with just the right amount of daylight around the front post in the sight picture. Bravo to CZ for these sights.

Now, if only the P10F mags weren't out of stock pretty much in the entire US. I'd like to get some larger cap mags for range work and backup.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The P10 chambers seem very short. There is essentially zero freebore (or whatever is analogous for 9mm). I had 147gr handloads at 1.08" that were still way too long to let the cartridge fully chamber. Depending on the profile of the "bullet" part of the laser, I can see the possibility that the slide isn't going fully into battery with the laser inserted. If so, then the striker won't be pulled to its full stroke and you'd get a "light primer strike."

This would also explain why the 380 seems to work because it's short enough that it will fully chamber, but it's headspacing off the extractor and not super stable--hence your wobbling laser. So even though the chambers are short, I suspect the radial clearance is pretty generous (ala glock-like for reliability).

This is the only theory I can come up with that explains the observations.

Based on the prompting from Mountie, I've been researching the Overwatch and all the GLock and CZ reviews I can find are glowing. I'm sure the HBI is excellent too, but if I do upgrade, I'll probably do the Overwatch.

I'm a bit surprised by how good this works, too. I've messed around a bit with the competition sight setup with a blacked out serrated rear and a narrow fiber front. It had a lot of daylight around the front post. I'm finding the P10's sights to be just about perfect for an all-purpose sight. The front is big enough to be easily found fast, reasonably bright (it could be brighter ala Trijicon HD), and the rear is perfect with just the right amount of daylight around the front post in the sight picture. Bravo to CZ for these sights.

Now, if only the P10F mags weren't out of stock pretty much in the entire US. I'd like to get some larger cap mags for range work and backup.

I'll likely stick with the HBI trigger, but still not sure. I've installed several of them and find it simple and like the results. I don't know about the Overwatch trigger. The site doesn't say if it changes the pull weight at all, but I know exactly how the HBI feels as I have it on my old style P10C and had it on 2 other P10C's that I gave to family members. If someone gets the Overwatch installed in their P10 at some point, let me know cause I want to meet up with you sometime to try it out and compare it with the HBI trigger. Heck, if I can find one, I might buy a P10F just so I have another gun to put that trigger into. Why not as I have an old style P10C a new style P10C OR and a new style P10S OR currently. The more the merrier, right? Oh and for sights, I really like the Night Fision sights with the blacked out U notch rear and yellow front sight. They work much better than anything else I've used. Not quite as large as trijicon HD, but almost as easy to pick up and allows for more precision shots for me.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    BTB in Seymour has P10F in stock.
    Burned all my handload 9mm today in my P10S. No bobbles, great shooting gun.

Sight picture is different than I'm used to. I'm used to 6:00 hold but this gun seems to want you to cover up the target with front sight or I miss high. Weird.

Top Bottom