• ...and so much more!
  • awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

I have my first firearm I got almost a year ago. I have used in a few times. The first time I used it I had Remington 45 full metal jackets.. In 5 clips it jammed once. I went to fire it a week ago with Hornady Hollow Points and pulled the trigger "click" nothing... I played with it for a bit and found out it tried to put another bullet in the chamber while one was already there causing a jam. Cleared it and it fired. Who and what should I do to figure out this jamming issue? It doesn't happen often but too often for my liking in a life or death situation.

Thanks,
    Matthew

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Have you tried different magazines?

(Personally, I've never had a SIG jam. I'm sure it happens. I've just never experienced it.)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    My advice would be to shoot it some more in an effort to narrow down the cause, whether it be a bad magazine, broken extractor, or something else.

From there you can decide on how to fix it, and if fixing it will make you confident in it once more.

Good advice^^. Question; older style P220 with internal extractor, or newer version with external extractor? If the former, look for marks on the rim of the case where the extractor claw is slipping off before fully extracting the case. If you see those the most likely problem is the tension of the extractor needs adjusted, or you can replace it.

Top Bottom