• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I'm in the market for another 9mm, and I have narrowed my choice down to a SIG P226. I was in my local shop today and they had a price tag of $850(I have a good relationship with them, and can probably get a little off of that). My question is, is that about what I should be paying? I have never owned a SIG before, and dont know much about the pricing of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

And any SIG advice would be good too!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd say for brand new, that's in the ballpark. It would be easier to say with certainty if you listed the specs of the weapon you are looking at, but $800 - $900 is about the range. If you aren't set on a NIB version, you can find a lot of good quality SIG deals over on SIGForum.com. SIG's are fine weapons, and although I am partial to the older West German SIGS's (recent versions have been perhaps slightly more prone to manufacturing defects), the P226 is a tried and true weapon that will give you a combination of great ergonomics, and great accuracy.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I'd say for brand new, that's in the ballpark. It would be easier to say with certainty if you listed the specs of the weapon you are looking at, but $800 - $900 is about the range. If you aren't set on a NIB version, you can find a lot of good quality SIG deals over on SIGForum.com. SIG's are fine weapons, and although I am partial to the older West German SIGS's (recent versions have been perhaps slightly more prone to manufacturing defects), the P226 is a tried and true weapon that will give you a combination of great ergonomics, and great accuracy.

Thank you very much for the info! I'm headed over to the forum now!

The specs for the new sig are: 9mm, standard sites, One-piece ergo grip, rail, nitron finsh. Standard all black P226 pretty much.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sigs are some of my favorite guns, i own 4 at this tme and all of them are freaking awesome. Sigs customer service is second to none imho too. out of all the guns ive bought new sig is the only one that called me to let me know my warranty has been registered. My 226 is a .40 and it was right at the $850 mark. Right now they have some referbished police trade ins at Bradis if your interested. They are around $500-$600 depending on the model.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I have a Sig p230 and love it and have used a P226 several years ago best gun I ever shot. Only reason I don't own one now it there price but the P226 is on my short list great gun. Price wise the others have hit the nail on the head

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Really, the only "problem" i have have with sigs is the finish and how it wears off faster than other finishes, but not really that bad though either. But while I really like Sigs I agree with rockhopper. I would rather get older west german models. I do own a new Sig 1911 though, but again the finish is a problem with that. Hey, if you want a cheaper gun look at the FNP9... I always felt is was the "poor man's Sig"; great trigger, awesome reliable, and accurate.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    The first thing I noticed about the gun was the weight of it. Its not to heavy by any means, but shooting 9mm out of it should really nice! Follow up shots should come pretty easy I would imagine.

The finish wearing off doesn't really bother me. If it turns to crap over time, ill just have it cerakoted somewhere. Im really excited about pick this thing up. It came down to an HK P30 and the SIG P226, and I think I'm going to be happier with the 226!!!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Shooting my old West German P226 has turned a few shooters down the Sig path. It's just so reliable, smooth, and easy to shoot.

Wintertime carry is a P228 for me.

(If you don't mind buying a used one, you can find a P226 for nearly half that $850 price. You may find yourself buying another Sig anyway. ;))

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Head over to Gunbroker. You can find them way cheaper then $850 if you don't mind buying used. I don't see why you shouldn't. With that being I have owned 4 P226s through the years(2 German) and I would suggest getting your hands on a nice "used" German one.:ingo:

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I love my P226. I have larger hands and it fits very well. IMO its on of the toughest built guns. I would have to think that's why so many LE agencies use them?

Its by far my favorite 9mm.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Every time I shoot my P226 Elite I enjoy it even more. I obtained mine in a trade and I'm glad, because out would have been difficult for me to enter the world of Sig at the $850 price point. I believe you can find a good used P226 below $700.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Freedom arms in crown point has a uased one for 4550 I think it was maybe $540. Just saw it yesterday.

here is also some cheaper places to get them. Since I can guess I knoe where you are going I know you can do better if you look around. Im from the same area as you and believe the prices at most shops here are mostly nuts. Im all for supprting local as long as the are reasonible.

SIG 226R9BCA 226 9MM CS $765.00 SHIPS FREE

Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Freedom arms in crown point has a uased one for 4550 I think it was maybe $540. Just saw it yesterday.

here is also some cheaper places to get them. Since I can guess I knoe where you are going I know you can do better if you look around. Im from the same area as you and believe the prices at most shops here are mostly nuts. Im all for supprting local as long as the are reasonible.

SIG 226R9BCA 226 9MM CS $765.00 SHIPS FREE

Is Freedom Arms that place over by Midnight Blue towing off of North St?

The one in the link to Buds is the EXACT same one Ive had my eye on. It just feels perfect in my hand. The older ones didn't feel as good for some reason? Maybe the grip angle is different? I dont know enough about sigs to know what they have changed from generation to generation.

The shop I always go to treats me VERY well every time I go, so I almost feel bad about going anywhere else. Ive never bought a gun online either, so that process is all new to me. I know my local shop will charge me a transfer fee, but other than that, I have no idea what to do. Any advice not that would be greatly appreciated, because that one from Buds seems like a killer deal!!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've been carrying a 226 almost everyday for 5 or 6 years and love it. I picked mine up for about $500 with nite sites and a brand new Galco owb holster.
    When you get it you'll love it. they do get a little heavy carrying, but a good belt will help you out in that area.

Top Bottom