• ...and so much more!
  • BrentG

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2023
    Avon
    Anybody got recommendations on what light they run for EDC or would run on a P320 sub compact? I've looked around but just thought I'd get some ideas from people who've used/carried them frequently.

BrentG

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2023
    Avon
    I've got that same pistol (XC) and wondered what would work best also. I believe I am now on the hunt for a 7 also since I like how that looks mounted. Thanks fellow Kokomoan!
    The only issue I have (and it's just me being picky really) is the 7 is 500 lumens compared to the TLR1HL that I have on it which is 1k lumens. But I guess to have less carry weight and a smaller carry package, it's worth it for sure. Thanks for the recommendation!

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    The major difference between the TLR1HL and the TLR7 is the candela. 20,000 vs 5,000. The TLR1HL definitely has it beat but for carry, it extends it. BUT, if in close quarters, it could be used as a stand off if it does come in contact with something, the gun will still cycle.

Lumens are a pretty generic measure these days. The candela or "hot spot" is more accurate. A good 500 lumen can be brighter than a cheap 1,000 lumen.

If I carried a P320 of any flavor, I would always be wearing armor of some sort. Never know when you will get a Sig Surprise disharge with it!

Last edited:

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I've got that same pistol (XC) and wondered what would work best also. I believe I am now on the hunt for a 7 also since I like how that looks mounted. Thanks fellow Kokomoan!
    The 7a is the newer model. They chanded the switches, I'd go for that one. I just already have this one. It's made it 6 years and probably close to 20,000 rounds on 3 of my carry guns.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    The only issue I have (and it's just me being picky really) is the 7 is 500 lumens compared to the TLR1HL that I have on it which is 1k lumens. But I guess to have less carry weight and a smaller carry package, it's worth it for sure. Thanks for the recommendation!
    If I were to carry owb I'd probably carry the XCarry or XFull with a TLR1HL. But iwb having a shorter overall package without a light bezel protruding out pressing on my groin while driving or working is nice. I carried a P07 with the TLR7 for a long time, I put a threaded barrel on it and it quickly became a range gun. I carried a P01 with a X300u, and for the same reason that also became a range gun/OWB gun.
    And fwiw 500 lumens if fine for PID at handgun ranges.

Attachments

• 20231208_162055.jpg
      20231208_162055.jpg
      993.3 KB · Views: 0

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I forgot that I have a Viridian light / laser combo I could mount but not sure if I can find a kydex holster with that combo.

Top Bottom