• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    So I've seen alot of people talk about the difference in grip module size and feel whenever they compare a sig x vs non x (or xcompact vs compact) but rarely talk much about the trigger.
    The only visual difference is that the x is flat while the regular is not. Has anyone handled both and is there any really difference in travel profiles, weights, or reset?

I also suppose if anyone has any thoughts about the myriad of 320's I'd love to hear them too. Want to buy one for optic use, but there's alot that only seem marginally different.

Thanks!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ok so here's my take on x triggers vs non x triggers (i own 3 p320's)

so, my first p320 was a compact, i put the bruce gray flat trigger on

my second p3220 was also a compact i put the apex trigger on

both of those were sent back to sig for the "volentary" safety upgrade, after that, both gray guns and apex released safety upgrade parts and exchanged them out for free, so about this time, a friend purchased a 320 x5, he said that the trigger wasent near what he expected on a 800 dollar competition pistol, so he purchased the gray guns competition trigger kit, and dropped his pull down to about 2 pounds, shortened his take up, and made a crisper reset, and then made the comment "now its a competition trigger", he had some leftover parts (gray guns sent in some extra springs) and he added those to my p320 with the gray guns trigger, and now that one has a 2.5# trigger pull. this is my steel challenge open class gun

my second p320 has the apex trigger, trigger bar, and short reset kit (about 120.00) and once i installed it, i thought, eh...not worth 120 bucks, then i compaired it to the stock trigger (this was before thework above was done) and wow it's a world of differance!!! the pull is about 4.5 #'s and take up/reset is 10x's better than stock, and well worth 120 bucks!, thats my carry gun!

now, my 3rd p320 is a x5 legion, I showed it to my friend who had the x5, he tried the trigger and said "that's how mine should have been from the factory!"

so heres my opinion, if you want a competition gun, buy the x5 legion, if you want a carry gun, buy any 320 you want, and buy apex parts, you can get their kits with or without a trigger (you can use the factory trigger with their short reset kit and trigger bar)

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    ok so here's my take on x triggers vs non x triggers (i own 3 p320's)

so, my first p320 was a compact, i put the bruce gray flat trigger on

my second p3220 was also a compact i put the apex trigger on

both of those were sent back to sig for the "volentary" safety upgrade, after that, both gray guns and apex released safety upgrade parts and exchanged them out for free, so about this time, a friend purchased a 320 x5, he said that the trigger wasent near what he expected on a 800 dollar competition pistol, so he purchased the gray guns competition trigger kit, and dropped his pull down to about 2 pounds, shortened his take up, and made a crisper reset, and then made the comment "now its a competition trigger", he had some leftover parts (gray guns sent in some extra springs) and he added those to my p320 with the gray guns trigger, and now that one has a 2.5# trigger pull. this is my steel challenge open class gun

my second p320 has the apex trigger, trigger bar, and short reset kit (about 120.00) and once i installed it, i thought, eh...not worth 120 bucks, then i compaired it to the stock trigger (this was before thework above was done) and wow it's a world of differance!!! the pull is about 4.5 #'s and take up/reset is 10x's better than stock, and well worth 120 bucks!, thats my carry gun!

now, my 3rd p320 is a x5 legion, I showed it to my friend who had the x5, he tried the trigger and said "that's how mine should have been from the factory!"

so heres my opinion, if you want a competition gun, buy the x5 legion, if you want a carry gun, buy any 320 you want, and buy apex parts, you can get their kits with or without a trigger (you can use the factory trigger with their short reset kit and trigger bar)

I had the chance to shoot the X5 legion, and it was fantastic. I plan on getting one of those too some day.

Those first two compacts were either of them the xcompact? I ask because I'm wondering about how the xcompact would compare to the X5 given your comments about it. May be better to by a regular 320 and add an Apex. Which also like you said is a fantastic trigger, put on in my m&p.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I had the chance to shoot the X5 legion, and it was fantastic. I plan on getting one of those too some day.

Those first two compacts were either of them the xcompact? I ask because I'm wondering about how the xcompact would compare to the X5 given your comments about it. May be better to by a regular 320 and add an Apex. Which also like you said is a fantastic trigger, put on in my m&p.

I do like the feel of the xframe (I have a full size x frame), and I like the flat trigger, and if I wanted to add a red dot sight, I’d buy the x compact.

if I didn’t want to add a red dot, I’d probably buy the 320 compact, buy the apex trigger and one of the new Wilson combat 320 frames! But that’s just me!

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I have the X Five Legion. My brother in-law has the regular X Five. There is a difference in the two, but even the regular X Five felt good to me. I haven't shot a factory X Compact or X Carry, but I believe they use the same trigger as the X Five. It's still head and shoulders above the regular P320 trigger imo. I did buy an X Carry slide and both the X Carry and X Compact grip modules. I just pop my legion FCU between them depending on what I'm doing.

Top Bottom