• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Im sorry to hear that man, I hope you start to feel better soon.

so left to right pictures

pic 1
    that middle channel where the recoil spring sits you must smooth it all the way down so you cant feel an edge when you drag your nail or screwdriver or pick from rear to front (mine was a little rough the first time i assembled the weapon

pic 2
    you must file and sand the polymer receiver rails (i think that's what they're called) until smooth and nothing catches when you drag across them also i had to file the tops and bottoms of the metal rails to remove burrs and smooth them out.

pic 3
    assembled pistol

pic 4 is a duplicate

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    image_123986672 (1).JPG
    I also had to file down that thing (sorry for my lack of knowledge of terminology guys, if anybody wants to educate/correct me feel free)
    and I deburred inside the channels that slide down the metal rails.

all in all im really happy with the weapon and how its turned out.

I used a dremel a drill the included bits that came in the kit and i bought a large file set from lowes.

I learned patience is very important when knocking down the excess polymer, and attention to detail during assembly if something feels to tight it probably is and obviously you must oil everything during assembly.

looking forward to the next one i do :D

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Im sorry to hear that man, I hope you start to feel better soon.

so left to right pictures

pic 1
    that middle channel where the recoil spring sits you must smooth it all the way down so you cant feel an edge when you drag your nail or screwdriver or pick from rear to front (mine was a little rough the first time i assembled the weapon

pic 2
    you must file and sand the polymer receiver rails (i think that's what they're called) until smooth and nothing catches when you drag across them also i had to file the tops and bottoms of the metal rails to remove burrs and smooth them out.

pic 3
    assembled pistol

pic 4 is a duplicate
    Thanks for posting pics! Looks good! Now for the questions...

Is photo #1 the first or second time you sanded/filed?

How much time did you spend on your build?

Did you order a kit or get all the parts from different places?

Thanks,
    Mark

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Thanks for posting pics! Looks good! Now for the questions...

Is photo #1 the first or second time you sanded/filed?

How much time did you spend on your build?

Did you order a kit or get all the parts from different places?

Thanks,
    Mark

Thanks Mark!

all the photos ive posted are of the weapon once completed. ive only put 300 rounds through it total so i may end up having to do more work to it but im not certain.

all in actual time ive put probably about 3hrs of lazy work in it. and it was my first time doing it id be comfortable saying that i could get one together and functioning in an evening if i had a range on my property to test it.

i ordered a full kit from https://80pbuilder.com/custom-kits. it showed up in like 4 or 5 days

the only thing i wish i have that isnt in a kit is a threaded barrel. The slide came rmr ready and everything. i havent taken the time to source each part individually but that is how i will do my next one (i want a threaded barrel)

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Thanks Mark!

all the photos ive posted are of the weapon once completed. ive only put 300 rounds through it total so i may end up having to do more work to it but im not certain.

all in actual time ive put probably about 3hrs of lazy work in it. and it was my first time doing it id be comfortable saying that i could get one together and functioning in an evening if i had a range on my property to test it.

i ordered a full kit from https://80pbuilder.com/custom-kits. it showed up in like 4 or 5 days

the only thing i wish i have that isnt in a kit is a threaded barrel. The slide came rmr ready and everything. i havent taken the time to source each part individually but that is how i will do my next one (i want a threaded barrel)
    Thanks for the link. Just spent an hour poking around on it. Huge time suck potential there. LOL

Is the difference between the...models?...just the slide or are the lowers different also? I'm talking about the differences between the same glock model builds, i.e. G19.

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Thanks for the link. Just spent an hour poking around on it. Huge time suck potential there. LOL

Is the difference between the...models?...just the slide or are the lowers different also? I'm talking about the differences between the same glock model builds, i.e. G19.

as far as i can tell its just differences in the slide cuts and colors of slide and frame

gotta love the super cool names for each lol i used the ocho-fde

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    So I wanted to update you guys an update.

I love this damn thang! I put about 2500 rounds downrange (multiple range trips) without a cleaning just to see how it'd function. ran flawlessly at about 3k round started having some failures completely disassembled it cleaned it and it runs flawlessly again.

I am a firm believer in these p80 glocks. change my mind

Top Bottom