• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    First off, Im very embarrassed by this, I thought my gun was unstoppable!

Mags- the follower will jam up, halfway through the capacity. 9MM, so 15 rounds. this happens to BOTH mags, ammo does not matter. Each time the slide gets jammed by a round not fully chambered, drop mag, all the rounds are LOOSE and the top two are sideways. I have to slam the mag down to get the follower to free up, than reload it.

Each mag probably has 500+ rounds through it, but 99% of the time they sit loaded down...

Is general procedure to just clean and lubricate, or am I looking at an outrageous amount for new mags? Will Walther warranty them?

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I would take them apart and clean and lube them. Check the followers incase there is a burr on them. Try again w/o shooting-just load and then unload and see if they jam? If so call Walther. If they are anything like SW they will fix your problem. Also check for any dents in the mag body. You might check and see if ammo it correct size- might be a tad to long-reloads? Another thing-possible weak mag springs? Good luck and let us know what happens.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    note: Do only one mag at a time so that you'll have a good model to go by when re-assembling!

Also - don't lube your mags. Don't.

Clean them - yes. No lube in the mags!

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Any reasons?

It will clog up more as it attracts dirt/dust and there are no forces to expel those dirt unlike the moving parts of the firearm. That's just my thought. Also, knock on wood, I haven't clean my M&P 9 mag for almost 2 years now, more than a thousand rounds now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rudyjr
    Top Bottom