• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Honest Gun-Owning Mom Busted In NJ Could Face 3 Years In Prison - My9 New Jersey

A PA woman with a carry license crossed the border into NJ with her gun and is pulled over for minor traffic violation. She admitted to the officer she had it plus her carry license, but did not know NJ does not honor any other states' permits. She was arrested for illegal gun possession and possession of HP rounds (also a crime in NJ).

I am so tired of this bull**** that anti-gun states can get away with this. While she should have known not to carry to NJ, it's a testament of the fact that these laws do not work. I sincerely hope Christie pardons her or the jury goes for nullification. When will the 2nd amendment be restored to places where the right to carry is de facto denied?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Ah, but we'll get plenty of responses from folks bashing nationwide reciprocity. :rolleyes:

Yeah, another stupid argument found here on INGO. Not saying we need a national carry card, just national reciprocity. That's it. My drivers license is good in all 50 states, so why shouldn't my carry license be the same? The 2nd amendment was incorporated to the states in the McDonald case, so with the 14th amendment these laws are unconstitutional.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah, another stupid argument found here on INGO. Not saying we need a national carry card, just national reciprocity. That's it. My drivers license is good in all 50 states, so why shouldn't my carry license be the same? The 2nd amendment was incorporated to the states in the McDonald case, so with the 14th amendment these laws are unconstitutional.

Same reason some folks' marriage license isn't recognized in all 50 states. Driving isn't a political issue. Guns and gays are. Many opponents of each will pull out the "state's rights" card on whichever one suits them but ignore the other if they disagree with it.

I'm all for national reciprocity. Indiana recognizes everyone else's permit, and I've yet to see a problem result from it. I'm not even sure what problems *could* result from it.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Same reason some folks' marriage license isn't recognized in all 50 states. Driving isn't a political issue. Guns and gays are. Many opponents of each will pull out the "state's rights" card on whichever one suits them but ignore the other if they disagree with it.

I'm all for national reciprocity. Indiana recognizes everyone else's permit, and I've yet to see a problem result from it. I'm not even sure what problems *could* result from it.

Spot on BBI. I'd like to point out also that states have their own requirements to obtain drivers license, just like carry licenses too, and it has caused virtually zero problems. Maybe somebody somewhere got pulled over for turning on red in a state where that's a violation but that's it really.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

States have powers - people have rights ... but enough with the technicality.

I agree BBI - This could be covered under or w/ a statement that states shall recognize the license etc of other states. /END

BUT ... the other issue is for other various and sundry issues. States license all kinds of things in addition to Drivers:
    for example: Hair dressers, Barbers, Dr's., Detectives, Engineers, Veterinarians, LAWYERS ... (hmmm) ...

... while you can apply and generlly get a 'reciprocal" license - you can't just go across state lines without paying the fee and waiting and getting the info.
    Wonder how that plays out. ... these things being professions and not 'a right protected by the constitution(s)" ((( the (s) = Federal and 1 or more of the states )))

Sadly - a pardon of this 'victim of the law' - makes Christie look even more pro 2A ... and more electable ... in the eyes of uninformed sheep that hang closer to our side of the field / fence.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That adds to the hundred or so other reasons not to go to New Jersey.

I'd like to see Indiana start it off with a law for recognizing permits from any other state. Going from the bottom up should make the states' rights people happy. I know we wouldn't get all of them, but it would be a start.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    With a GOP Senate and POTUS reciprocity would become a reality.

Given the type of republicans who actually get elected at a national level, I'd say it's slightly more likely to happen than it is now. No way would it be a sure thing unless every state sends only Rand Pauls, Mike Lees, and Ted Cruzes to Washington. That's not going to happen any time soon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That adds to the hundred or so other reasons not to go to New Jersey.

I'd like to see Indiana start it off with a law for recognizing permits from any other state. Going from the bottom up should make the states' rights people happy. I know we wouldn't get all of them, but it would be a start.

Are you talking about gun permits? That's already the law in Indiana, including licenses and permits issued by governments in foreign countries as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd like to see Indiana start it off with a law for recognizing permits from any other state.

IC 35-47-2-21

(b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    IC 35-47-2-21

(b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.

THanks, guys, I learned something today. I wonder how many states have similar statutes. I know there are some that recognize some, and not others.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Did anyone else notice that she was carrying "hallow-point" bullets according to the article? In that case, I don't know why they would arrest such an angel.

hal·low
    noun archaic

noun: hallow; plural noun: hallows

a saint or holy person.
      2. greatly revered or respected.

Top Bottom